CANADA POST CURRENTLY A NIGHMARE!!!! First post was moved!

Here's an update to our wonderful shipping nightmare CBC News discovered.........

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/CANADA-POST-is-officially-a-Nightmare/m-p/225634#U225634

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Moved, dear, not eliminated. Pay attention.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I, for one, do not like absolute hyperbole such as "NIGHTMARE". There has been a trend, lately to absolute words, that are entirely inappropriate.

CP is hardly a nightmare. The odd parcel, has the odd problem, the odd time.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

CP is hardly a nightmare.

I can't recall having a problem with Canada Post, if I did I guess I would remember the details.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I have to admit I've never had a single reason to complain about CP's service, never (yet) had a package go astray.  Only one delivery I can recall was late, due to Hurricane Sandy last year, but that was USPS' fault, not CP. 

I even have a knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful clerk at my little rural P.O. 

So no, more of a dream than a nightmare.  Now, pricing is another matter -- if they could just hold the line on prices for a year or two...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

....if they could just hold the line on prices for a year or two.

I will compare that statement to my High School Grad Song " Dream On "

We can always hope Rose, but ???

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@bb_cool_stuff wrote:

....if they could just hold the line on prices for a year or two.

I will compare that statement to my High School Grad Song " Dream On "

We can always hope Rose, but ???

LOL!   AKA 'pie-in-the-sky', I know, I know.  I'm a incurable optimist.

I seem to remember CP saying something every few years about, well, this rate hike is intended to be the last for a while, because it's larger -- now we're all laughing... Smiley Happy Woman Very HappySmiley LOLCat LOLMan LOLRobot LOL

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I'm an incurable optimist.

I will continue to be one, though my patience is tested every fall with my football teams.

Besides, I'm only allowed one rant a year, so I'm saving it for now.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

With the decline in the Loonie, I do believe I am paying less for parcel rates than I was two years ago.

A true nightmare is that recent report, made up I hope, about threats to Wpg nurses. We went through that in the liquor stores about 7 or 8 years ago. Rumours starting floating that attacking liquor store employees was a gang initiation. Never happened.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I, too, have had no trouble with CP.  Last week the clerk at the drug store wouldn't take my "lettemail" DVDs because they didn't slip through the slot, took a slight tap and a smirk from me and it went through.  If I was her, I would have been very frustrated with me lol.  I said I would take the chance, walked up the street to the post office and they were fine.  There's no "nightmare" this is life.  Sometimes things are delayed due to a glitch in the system.  This one looks to be temporary.

I'm not a huge seller but I do buy stuff online a lot.  I live in a very small town where they let WalMart in.  Consequently, there are very few small shops to buy things in so I shop a lot online.  I literally get at least a parcel a day and I'm very happy with CP.  I can say the same for the USPS, solid service.  Now, if we want to talk about FedEx from the US to Canada I have a bit of a rant. heh.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks gang. What gets lost in the translation is, one problem, one day, with one parcel does not define the system.

In my world, I believe the postal system is spectacular. That many things, going through all those points, to get where they are going? That fast? That reliably?

All the problems I have had, have been:

- my errors
- buyer's errors
Photobucket
Message 11 of 11
latest reply