CANADA POST TRACKED PACKET SERVICE EXPANDED TO 31 COUNTRIES

I have discovered that Canada Post has quietly expanded the number of countries served by Tracked Packet. Cost of this postage service aside, this is good news for Canadian eBay sellers so I thought I'd share it.

The bad news is that neither eBay Calculated Shipping nor Paypal Shipping reflects these changes. It is impossible for a buyer to see Tracked Packet as a service option in about a third of these countries (Italy or Portugal for example) and impossible also to print that label through Paypal Shipping. As sellers, we need to band together and get this somehow addressed. No pun intended. 

Details may be found at CPC website https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/products/details.page?article=choose_low-cost_us_a

For your convenience, this is what it says:

Tracked Packet service has 4 new destinations

Tracked Packet service offers a reliable, cost-effective and trackable shipping solution for light-weight items. It’s ideal for e-commerce shipments. Available to the U.S. and 31 international destinations. 

New:  
Austria 
Brazil 
Italy 
South Korea  

USA 
Australia 
Belgium 
Croatia 
Denmark 
Estonia 
Finland 
France 
Germany 
Hong Kong 
Hungary 
Ireland 
Iceland  
Latvia 
Lithuania  
Luxembourg 
Malaysia 
Malta 
Netherlands 
New Zealand 
Poland 
Portugal 
Singapore 
Spain 
Sweden 
Switzerland 
Turkey  
United Kingdom 

End to end delivery: 
4-7 business days – U.S. A. 
6-10 business days – international  
Surcharges
Fuel surcharge @ non-express rate 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I don't. It can be determined by playing with addresses on PayPal. I was wondering the same thing myself; if I have time tomorrow, I'll experiment and report back.
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I did check again eventually and this is what I found and re-reported to ebay Canada at http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/August-24th-2016-Weekly-Session/m-p/348161#U348161

To see where things stand with paypal and their discrepancy lag in offering Tracked Packet via Paypal shipping to the countries to which Canada Post offers the service, here are the results. 'Yes' means it appears as an option to the country as it should, 'no' means it still does not.

Paypal Tracked Packet test August 24 2016: which countries does paypal shipping support by offering Tracked Packet service of the countries to which service is offered by Canada Post?

Austria NO

Australia YES

Belgium YES

Brazil NO

Croatia YES

Denmark YES

Estonia YES

Finland YES

France YES

Germany YES

Hong Kong NO

Hungary NO

Ireland YES

Iceland  NO

Italy NO

Latvia YES

Lithuania  NO

Luxembourg YES

Malaysia YES

Malta YES

Netherlands YES

New Zealand YES

Poland NO

Portugal NO

Singapore YES

South Korea  NO

Spain YES

Sweden YES

Switzerland YES

Turkey*  NO

United Kingdom YES

USA YES

So eleven countries are still missing Tracked Packet through Paypal Shipping. I think I discovered the lag about one year ago. It wastes a seller's time (and money) to have to buy Tracked Packet at the postal counter for those countries. 

*Turkey has prohibited payments processed paypal so shipping there is a bit tricky right now.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Thanks for the update.  Much appreciated!!! Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Canada Post needs to work with Pitney Bowes on up-to-date information not go tra la la la la for months before finally. 

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

As at Feb. 1 2017, there have been no updates to the countries for which Tracked Packet is available to purchase postage via Paypal Shipping. That is, the last 11 added to Tracked Packet service by Canada Post are missing from the Pitney Bowes/Paypal Shipping system offerings. 

Message 25 of 25
latest reply