CP "Solutions for Small Business" Question

A few weeks ago (June 24, to be exact), I signed up for a Canada Post "Solutions for Small Business" account during the process of creating a Shippo account. From my understanding, I'm supposed to receive a membership card in the mail to use at postal outlets. I received an e-mail with my number that I can use online, but I have not yet received a physical card.

Based on your experience, how long does it take to receive the card in the mail? Should it have been here by now, or is it still too early?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I believe I waited 4-6 weeks.

You can always call Canada Post to inquire.....

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The last time I lost my card I had the number on a bit of paper and when I gave it to the clerk it worked fine.

My life is confetti...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks. I figured that sort of timeline was a possibility, but didn't know for sure.

When it arrives I'll post an update so anyone looking this up in the future will have a definitive answer (or at least, a definitive experience to go off of).
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have the Solutions for Small Business card... around here.... somewhere......

I only ever use my customer account number as given to me on the last piece of addressed admail sent to me by Canada Post. On the rare occasion that I use my account at the postal counter, I hand them a scrap of paper I wrote it on that takes up less retail space than would a card in my George Constanza-style pocketbook wallet. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The card is really not needed; it's more of a formality than anything.

Like others have said if you don't have the card you can just give the clerk your account number. If you don't know the account number, the clerk can look up your account if you give them the phone number associated with it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Update!

I received the card in the mail today. That means it took, from the day I signed up for the account, 34 calendar days (25 business days) to arrive.

And yes, I know I don't need it. I'm just one of those people who, if I know I have something coming in the mail, I like having a general idea of when it may arrive so that if it doesn't I know when to start creating a damning media campaign to get the attention of Canada Post in the hopes of being generously compensated for the massive inconvenience of having to wait stupendously long to receive a highly anticipated piece of mail *ahem* becoming slightly concerned.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:

Update!

I received the card in the mail today. That means it took, from the day I signed up for the account, 34 calendar days (25 business days) to arrive. .

Was it sent by "expedited" parcel? Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 8
latest reply