Calculate shipping from Canada to US doesnt seem to work

I have listed item to ship from canada to the USA and worldwide and and the shipping calculator doesn t seem to work, I tried using the zip code 90210 and it says shipping cannot be calculated, even for around the world it doesn t work, am I doing something wrong.? thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I suspect the problem has to do with the type of postal service you are offering to the USA.

I see you have many listings that correctly show US$3.00 (Canada Post Light Packet).

However, larger (or heavier) items show "Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code."

The problem is most likely that the measurements and weight do not match the service you have selected.  Often the problem is caused by using imperial measurements instead of metric.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

PS - By the way, totally unrelated to the shipping issue, when you purchase from Avon for resale, does that include an exclusive territory or does Avon allow you to ship items meant and packaged for the Canadian market into the USA?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I can't really answer your question, I only know that there are alot of people selling Avon on ebay.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

what is the difference in imperial and metric, I use cem and gram, is that ok?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

As Pierre mentioned, the most common problem is that the dimensions entered are too small for the service being used. The minimum size for expedited and regular parcel within Canada are quite a bit smaller than the minimum for expedited USA. If you are using the latter, the minimum dimensions are 21cm x 15cm x .5cm.

On your items that do have shipping prices showing, make sure that you are showing the category that you are actually going to use. For example, you have glimmersticks with shipping at $3 using Canada Post Standard Parcel and at $3.75 using Expedited Parcel. I imagine that you are planning on shipping them using lettermail, not  parcel as that would cost quite a bit more. For the U.S. some glimmersticks have a shipping price and others don't. You should be able to compare the two to see what you are doing wrong. I assume that you are using light packet USA for those?

You may be having a problem with international because you are using the wrong service. You need to separate the U.S. from other international countries. If you are using light packet USA in the U.S. you can use light packet international in other countries. For your large packages you might want to use small packet parcel USA or small packet international. 

When you have a large parcel in Canada, it is better to use Canada Expedite Parcel as it is less expensive than Standard Parcel and if you use Paypal shipping it is about 18% less off of counter prices.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@domdom1961 wrote:

what is the difference in imperial and metric, I use cem and gram, is that ok?

Yes cm and grams are metric.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This is a very old thread but you may want to take a look:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Decorative-Holiday/Selling-Avon-on-eBay/td-p/565730

Message 8 of 8
latest reply