Can refund be returned as non-payment of item dispute?

The buyer claims to have received the item in damaged condition. The buyer requests a partial refund to pacify his alleged disappointment. Even after being given the refund, the ungrateful buyer gives me negative feedback. Can I ask that the refund be returned as non-payment of item dispute?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No.

A buyer can leave feedback whether or not you refund.

I don't how accurate the buyer's feedback is but it is your responsibility that the item arrive in the same condition that it states in the description. If it is damaged in shipping and you have insurance, you should be the one claiming the insurance as it is you who purchased the insurance from Canada Post. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No.

A buyer can leave feedback whether or not you refund.

I don't how accurate the buyer's feedback is but it is your responsibility that the item arrive in the same condition that it states in the description. If it is damaged in shipping and you have insurance, you should be the one claiming the insurance as it is you who purchased the insurance from Canada Post. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Did you tell the buyer to make a claim with USPS?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

My exact wording was:

"The fault for the damages lies with negligent transport by the postal system. Perhaps, you can claim damages at your local post office."

In addition, I offered 2 other options, i.e. to return item for a full refund or accept a partial refund. The buyer chose to accept a partial refund which was given immediately. But then I received the negative feedback.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

"Perhaps, you can claim damages at your local post office."

All I can say is that comment or suggestion was ill advised.  It is ALWAYS the responsibility of the shipper (seller) to make a claim with the carrier if a claim is warranted.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply