Can we still print blank labels from Paypal

I know I saw a post about this earlier but could not remember the answer. Can we still print blank labels for postage off Paypal or only for when we sell an eBay item. If we can would appreciate if someone could advise how we go about it.

thanks for  any help with this.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

That link hasn't worked since eBay and PayPal split.

katlover1952, here's a link to a very long discussion about blank PayPal labels.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/I-m-Looking-for-a-Link-to-a-Blank-Shipping-Label-in-PayPa...

If you have an eBay transaction that hasn't been marked shipped, you can generate a label for whoever and wherever you want through that transaction, but the (original) buyer will be notified that their purchase has been shipped, and given a tracking number if there is one.  This can cause quite a lot of confusion.  That is the only way I know of to get the PayPal discounts for certain CP services.  If anyone else has another solution,I would love to know what it is.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

maggiebvintage2010 wrote: 

If you have an eBay transaction that hasn't been marked shipped, you can generate a label for whoever and wherever you want through that transaction, but the (original) buyer will be notified that their purchase has been shipped, and given a tracking number if there is one.  This can cause quite a lot of confusion.  That is the only way I know of to get the PayPal discounts for certain CP services.  If anyone else has another solution,I would love to know what it is.

The original buyer is not notified, I have checked with a few non paying bidders, Also you even have to fill in the email address for the receiver to get notifications.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I created labels this way twice, and both buyers got a tracking number, and wrote me in a panic because they checked the numbers which showed delivery to a different address.    Of course, if you are using a non-trackable service, that would not happen, but then there would be no savings over the PO.

Every time I buy anything on eBay, I get at least one, and sometimes several update notifications from eBay. So if you had another sale that had been shipped but not marked as shipped, that purchaser would not have received any notificaiton.  When you print a PayPal label and change the receiver, the original buyer gets a "Shipped" notification from eBay, and a tracking number if applicable.

When you fill in the email address, that is used by PayPal to send any message you might add when you create the label. No message, no PayPal email.

I don't understand what you mean by checking with non paying bidders.  If the original buyer was a non-payer, they would not be expecting a delivery and the transaction would be cancelled, n'est-ce pas?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

My buyers had been getting canada post notification e-mails even when I didn't bother inputting their e-mail on the shipment. It's done automatically I think, since Paypal has their e-mail.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@maggiebvintage2010 wrote:

When you fill in the email address, that is used by PayPal to send any message you might add when you create the label. No message, no PayPal email.

I'm not certain this is the case.  I almost always include a brief thank-you message to the buyer with information on expected delivery in the message box when preparing a Paypal label, and I can't recall ever having input the buyer's email address.  I assume Paypal picks up the buyer's email address automatically from the transaction data (i.e. the buyer's payment stream), which is probably why the original buyer would receive a notification if a seller attempted to "piggyback" a label off a previous transaction.  In other words, Paypal would have no way of knowing that the seller wasn't sending a second parcel to the same purchaser.

I don't understand what you mean by checking with non paying bidders.  If the original buyer was a non-payer, they would not be expecting a delivery and the transaction would be cancelled, n'est-ce pas?

My thoughts exactly.  It was the "checking with" part that didn't make sense.  Perhaps the person who posted that comment can elaborate. 

In any case, I think the short answer to the OP's question is, unfortunately, "no". 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks, "rose-dee" - for elaborating on my post.  I was thinking outside eBay and did not fully explain.  Of course PayPal already has the eBay buyer's email, so when you add a message you don't have to add an email.  I was referring to the OPs original question, and thinking an off-site sale for which someone would want to create a blank PayPal label in order to receive the discount.

If you wanted that (off-site) buyer to receive a PayPal message, you would have to add the email address.  This was all possible before the eBay/PayPal split, but now would result in the confusion outlined in my posts #3 & #5, because of having to use an eBay sale not marked as shipped.  I believe there was some reference to this in the link I provided, posts #9 & #12.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

But, if you use that method to return an item to a seller, and the tracking shows that the item was shipped to the correct address, I wonder if that would suffice as tracking for the return?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I really don't know the answer to that.  However, that would not avoid the confusion problems for the purchaser whose item was not marked shipped, since you need to use tracking.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply