Canada Post Customs Forms Online

Hello all

Where do I find the online customs form on the Canada Post website.I take my packages to the post office and apparently we can pre do them.

Thanks a bunch in advance

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

canadapost.ca/customs

It was a lot easier! I didn't have to wait while they asked me all these questions 🙂

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks a bunch !

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Wow !

Where do I look once I get in there ,so much information .

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If you scroll down you just fill out the information. When you are done you print out the barcode. At the post office they scan the barcode and done 🙂

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Got It !

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Instead of paying for postage at the post office have you tried using Paypal shipping to print your labels? They have a discount of up to 18% or Expedited within Canada and to the U.S. and about a 14% discount for Tracked Packet. Then you just fill out the custom info while you're doing the label.

Then you won't have to wait in line at the post office, you can drop your parcels in the post office box.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi PJ... good infos, any clue if we can also get discount, via Paypal, for oversize letter (USA and Int'l) ?

And thanks again !

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No PayPal shipping discount for Small Packet or Light Packet USA or Intternational but you can use PayPal to purchase and print these services.

Lettermail within Canada and Letterpost outside Canada standard and oversize services cannot be purchased or printed by PayPal. You pay at the post office or use stamps. Technically, you are not supposed to use these services for selling goods through the mail. You should be using Light Packet which requires a customs form to be filled out for the type and value of goods.

To save money on postage, you can buy postage stamps mint and unused on ebay or other sources to save 20 to 40% off the face value of stamps and use them for paying for the postage and drop in the mail. These stamps are valid postage and are unwanted stamps from stamp collections. Stamp collecting is not a popular hobby today and many collections end up in estate sales. Buy only mint unused stamps with gum.

You must know the postage rates to apply the correct amount of stamps to the package. You must own your own weight scale and a tape measure to to get the dimensions. Use metric, not imperial measurements as metric is more accurate.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Good to know and thanks for the tips POCO

Message 10 of 10
latest reply