Canada Post Labour Problems -- mediator appointed

7 REPLIES 7

And round and round and round we go again... 

This made me chuckle -- apparently Minister Mihychuk has learned the art of political double-speak very quickly: 

Exhibit A:  "We hope to have significant resolution by Sunday," Mihychuk said.

Exhibit B:  "Canadians need to get prepared for a potential work stoppage."  "I think that's the reality."

Hey, maybe they should call on Donald Trump to make a deal.  What the  have they got to lose! (to quote the "Trumpeter" himself) Woman LOL

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:
This made me chuckle -- apparently Minister Mihychuk has learned the art of political double-speak very quickly: 

Exhibit B:  "Canadians need to get prepared for a potential work stoppage."  "I think that's the reality."

That's not really double-speak. The old saying is "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst"

-..-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Here I sit broken-hearted.......

It is time to prepare for the same as always.

Nine months of nothing....and three, two, one day more

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

... and the pre-Christmas season on the horizon.  

A summer postal disruption most of us can handle.  But if this is prolonged into October or beyond (which I wouldn't be surprised to see), there will really be a lot of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@rose-dee wrote:

That's not really double-speak. The old saying is "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst"

Nah, that's classic political double-speak.  Trying to appeal to all constituencies under her purview, while essentially saying nothing of real consequence.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@cumos55 wrote:

... and the pre-Christmas season on the horizon.  

A summer postal disruption most of us can handle.  But if this is prolonged into October or beyond (which I wouldn't be surprised to see), there will really be a lot of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

I will be among the loudest with the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. Christmas is the make-or-break time for toysellers. Santa does not shop on ebay in July. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

rose-dee wrote: This made me chuckle -- apparently Minister Mihychuk has learned the art of political double-speak very quickly: 

Nah, that's classic political double-speak.  Trying to appeal to all constituencies under her purview, while essentially saying nothing of real consequence.  

We'll just have to disagree. My standard for doublespeak is "We'll create a million jobs if elected." and "Our priority is to eliminate 200,000 jobs to balance the budget." -- that doublespeak cost someone an election.

Meanwhile I'm half optimistic, I'm still open on eBay, but my A-river is on vacation.

-..-

Message 8 of 8
latest reply