Canada Post: October free shipping promo

First Tuesday promo code is OCT4 -- expires at midnight Eastern time.

Details:

For Solutions for Small Business (VentureOne) members. Offer is not available through paypal shipping.

Get one (1) free Canada Post domestic shipment on each Tuesday of October.

• Shipments are within Canada, sent using either Expedited parcel or Xpresspost
  • Maximum weight of 5kg
  • Free shipments must be processed using a Canada Post online tool: Express Order Entry or Electronic Shipping Tools (EST).
  • Canada Post will provide a unique Promo Code to Solutions for Small Business (VentureOne) members that must be entered at the time of shipment. If using EST that code will be entered on page 3 above the Charges section.
  • October 4, 11, 18 and 25, 2016 (hours set using the Eastern time zone)

Details: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/freeship/default.page

-..-

My savings today was $16.96 for a heavy book sent Expedited Parcel.  Smiley Happy

-..-

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Used mine this morning!

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

All I had to ship today was a video game valued around $15. Didn't want to waste the coupon so I sent it to the guy via Xpresspost (normally I'd just throw some stamps on it).

Thanks Canada Post!
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I use Safari. I cannot even log into the site. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:
All I had to ship today was a video game valued around $15. Didn't want to waste the coupon so I sent it to the guy via Xpresspost (normally I'd just throw some stamps on it).

But wait till he expects the next one to come the same way!    🙂

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I kept fighting with the site until I could log in and then I was eventually pleasantly surprise that I could purchase and print the label. 

Yay!

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

yep, saved almost 18$, it will go in my "insurance jar"..

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I'm feeling pretty pleased myself; this was an item that sold with 'free shipping' as part of the asking price. 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Second Tuesday promo code is OCT11 -- expires at midnight Eastern time.

-..-

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Third Tuesday promo code is OCT18

-..-

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I think it's possible that CPC is experiencing technical difficulties today. I certainly had trouble with it.
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I know I'm late to the party, but after I signed up, I couldn't find the link to where you "buy" the free shipping label.  After a while I found it here:

https://est.canadapost.ca/esto/app/shipment/domestic?execution=e2s1ue

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

For Solutions for Small Business (VentureOne) members. Offer is not available through paypal shipping.

Get one (1) free Canada Post domestic shipment on each Tuesday of October.

• Shipments are within Canada, sent using either Expedited parcel or Xpresspost
  • Maximum weight of 5kg
  • Free shipments must be processed using a Canada Post online tool: Express Order Entry or Electronic Shipping Tools (EST).
  • Canada Post will provide a one-use Promo Code that must be entered at the time of shipment
  • October 4, 11, 18 and 25, 2016 (hours set using the Eastern time zone)

Details: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/freeship/default.page

Final Tuesday promo code is OCT25 -- expires at midnight Eastern time.

Now all I need is a parcel to mail in Canada...

-..-

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Hear hear. Fingers crossed for Canadian orders placed within the next 23 hours or so.
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I saved one from late morning on Monday so I would have something.  I had 3 of the 4, so that is not bad.  Every dollar counts.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Absolutely, it does. I'd have done the same today if not for my same-day dispatch commitment to keep.
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

My score for the month was one heavy book (yeah!), nothing, 2 pieces of oversize lettermail for same buyer (saved $5.05), and for today I held back an oversize sale from Sunday as a reserve (saved $1.80). I fully expect, based on the last two weeks, to have an actual Canadian parcel size purchase on Wednesday (or in the next 40 minutes).

Still, saved a bit, just not as much as desired... such is life...

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Darn, I didn't even think to send an oversize lettermail as expedited or I would have been able to use the promotion more than I did.  I did have a parcel today to NB so I was happy!

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Darn, I didn't even think to send an oversize Lettermail as expedited or I would have been able to use the promotion more than I did.  I did have a parcel today to NB so I was happy! 

I never thought of sending Lettermail oversize as Expedited Parcel to get the free shipping either. That is what makes reading the forums interesting for ideas like that.

Edit - You might say that the idea of using Lettermail was "thinking outside the box". I know, a very bad joke. LOL.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Or..."pushing the envelope" lol

I like your joke better.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply