Canada Post extends it again for 24 hours

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-post-overtime-ban-1.3740747

In a statement late Monday, CUPW said job action in the form of a refusal of overtime would begin in British Columbia and in the Yukon on Tuesday morning if no settlement was reached with Canada Post. But the union stepped back from that statement shortly after, saying the overtime ban would be put on hold for another 24 hours.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Well that's nice since I had a busy weekend and my shipments have to go from Victoria to Vancouver before they really start to move.

And every sale was either US or overseas. Is there something in the Australian economy that is encouraging them to buy from Canadians?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I do wish this would get settled. Just feels like we are being held hostage and not sure what we should be doing. I do know my sales have been dismal since I closed the store in June and kept it closed for about a month. Sales had been pretty good in June but now I am not selling enough to even pay my store fees. Wish this would get settled so we could get on with business without worrying about whether or not we will be able to ship our items. It is getting somewhat ridiculous that they keep giving 24 hour notices. How many months have they been working on this!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Canada Post, union extend mediation another 24 hours

Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers have again agreed to extend mediation aimed at resolving their labour dispute by another 24 hours.

CUPW had said it would begin job action on Monday by having its members refuse to work overtime on a rotating basis, starting in Alberta and the Northwest Territories. But the plan has been halted twice, as both sides agreed to a request for more time from a federally appointed mediator, who was brought into the dispute Friday.

-..-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

As much as i would like to see this settled and put behind us, this works for me until then. Let them extend it 24 hours at a time until they're in agreement on the matters that count to them. It's better than the alternative: a full-scale lockout or strike.

If they keep adding 24 hours to the deadline at a time, it must mean all three parties -- the union, the corporation, and the government-appointed mediator -- are optimistic an agreement can soon be reached. 

On a related note: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m08/i30/s03

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you Canada Post for ruining my entire summer of sales...

Who's gonna pay us sellers back for all of our lost revenue??

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@stickersnstuff78 wrote:

Thank you Canada Post for ruining my entire summer of sales...

Who's gonna pay us sellers back for all of our lost revenue??

Off topic.

stickersnstuff78 >>> Congratulations on 3,000 feedback!!!!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply