CanadaPost Sunday delivery till Christmas - XpressPost only

This may be of interest to the community: got a Sunday delivery, which was weird, the courier told my wife they will do this till Christmas and on Xpressposts only. Not sure if this promo is local, regional or national, just wanted to bring this to all your attention.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Last year, during the holiday season, I got expedited parcels on Sunday on more than one occasion.  When I expressed surprise, the driver said they do that every Christmas.  Who knew!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They've done sat or sun delivery  in the 2 or 3 weekends before Xmas for ages.  I got one (not expresspost) 2 Sundays ago, way earlier then I've ever seen before.  Driver said he'd be on every Sunday until Xmas

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I seem to remember that last year I got a parcel on a weekend, delivered by a local courier but with Canada Post stamps. So my guess is that they are adding sub-contractors.

Wise move. This encourages people to use Canada Post when they actually know they are receiving mail. And parcels are one thing that cannot be received electronically.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

CP has been taking on Christmas delivery help for quite a few years.

Not sure how that will work out here in Dauphin, Capital of the Borscht Belt. We have at least one CP van and two Purolater vans.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 5
latest reply