Canadian seller selling on .com and .ca

Hello,

Green horn seller here.

I have been maxing out my 50 free listings on .CA  and decided to use my free 50 listing on .COM  yes!! eBay gives you 100 total 

but..... I noticed my .COM listings are not coming up in my search  its been 4 days since listing.

could it be the "items only in north america" search option not work for .com listings?

Item no: 252271141804 is one of them 

Thanks in advance 

MIke 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Interesting...  I was just searching `trd``or`TRD decal`` hoping it would come up but  i guess its key word problem.

thank you

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

ive changed the title wording a bit to see if that helps.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

When I searched for TRD door handle, your listing came up on both .ca and .com.

Why are you charging  .01 cent for shipping to Canada. You can mark it as free shipping by entering. 0.00

or maybe just 0

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

since its listed on .com I can put free shipping for usa but no free shipping to Canada check box, i did just change it to 0.00 not thinking it would work. but it did 

thanks for pointing that out 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

another issue.   when listing where it says    

Require buyers to contact you for international shipping costs

Then in drop box I select   ---    Will ship to the United states and the following 

check box for Canada.

I submit revisions

but if i go back to edit....... the check box its not checked any more.....

never again lol 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I sell on .CA How do you get started selling on .COM?

Do you have to create a separate account for ebay.com? A new user ID, email and password?

Or is there a way to login into .COM with my .CA credentials?

If its separate accounts this sounds like a listing nightmare, how would you keep track of whats sold and unsold?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@wkndshop wrote:

Do you have to create a separate account for ebay.com? A new user ID, email and password?

If its separate accounts this sounds like a listing nightmare, how would you keep track of whats sold and unsold?

All you have to do is put in shipping to the US and your listings will appear on com. Any countries you put in shipping for, your listings will appear there.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You have shipping to the U.S. so your items are already showing on .com. You can't list the items you have already listed but you can list new items there if you want with the same ID.

If you receive 50 free listings on .ca/month you can another 50 free on .com.

All listings done on .com and .ca show on the other site as long as you have shipping costs listed. The same is not necessarily true for other sites...some listings are seen on other sites...some are not.,

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@wkndshop wrote:

Accounts are universal across all ebay sites. Which site you sell on depends on what best fits your model as there are differences with respect to top seller criteria as well as shipping considerations as each site has unique shipping options.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Okay , obviously im missing something here ...

Im looking for 50 free listings on .ca and 50 free listings on .com for a total of 100 free listings

When i go to ALL SELLING > and scroll down to PROMOTIONAL OFFERS > it says :

List 50 of your items for FREE – make money today!

Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca

I usually log into Ebay.ca , when i log into Ebay.com with my .ca credentials it automatically kicks me over to Ebay.ca

So where are these 50 free listings on .com?

Of course i ship from Canada to the US, so my items are listed on both sites, but im posting from .CA

Either :

A) You have a store so you get an extra 50 free listings a month for a total of 100 free listings

B) Just the way you are wording this, you say "50 free listings on .ca and .com" but in reality its 50 free listings on Ebay and you can ship to anywhere in the world you choose and Ebay will list that item on the Ebay site for the country you ship to

And if the answer is B has anyone tried to open a US Ebay account from Canada and ship from Canada? Whats that like? How is it working out for you? I know some sellers do, i see some sellers have several Ebay accounts on .com and .ca They must get a truckload of Promotional Offers when Ebay rings that dinner bell!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

If you had a store, you get 200 free on each site so store has nothing to do with your problems..

The promo counter when none are used, will show only on the site where the promos can be used. If you could logon to ebay.com you would see the ebay.com counter at 0 and it would show the ebay.ca counter if at least one was used. If you ever manage to list on eBay.com, then that counter would also show on ebay.ca.

As for you not being able to log into ebay.com, way back there was a question asked if you tried to log in to ebay.com, it would ask you if you wanted to login into ebay.ca and if you said, yes, it would force you to log into ebay.ca if you ever tried again to log into ebay.com.

I think that was set as a browser cookie. I would suggest doing a browser cleanup to make your browser clean.

Make sure you are not logged into eBay or any site, then press CTRL SHIFT DEL, up pops a window, select everything for the time period, click on details to see what is cleared, check all boxes, then clean. Then exit your browser and restart and try logging into ebay.com.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Ok got it Thanx!

.... this is like a new toy to play with hehe

Message 14 of 14
latest reply