Cancel a transaction without being penalized

Hi,

A buyer from Europe bought an item and then ask the shipping fee. He finds that that fees are too high and no longer wants to buy the item.

The item has not been paid.

I have no problem to cancel the transaction, but how to do that with not count as a defect in my seller Dashboard ???

I am cautious because I have found that even when it's not my fault and that everything is settled to the satisfaction of the buyer, it counts as a defect anyway in seller Dashboard.

I have the Power Seller status and want to keep it.

Thanks

Martin

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Go on the right hand side of the item and click on ''More actions'' then ''Cancel order'' and select ''Buyer change is mind..''.

I also suggest you send an kind reminder by email to your buyer explaining what your are doing (cancel the order) and ask him to reply as soon as he can.

If this is a decision by mutual agreement, that should not have ane effect on your status.

... cheers !

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Make sure the buyer understands that they need to confirm the cancel on thier end. Also ebay is now stupid about it and requires the buyer to comfirm that they received a refund when no payment was ever made.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Selecting buyer request in Resolution Centre means the buyer does not have to respond. Every time i have chosen "blame the buyer", the sale is cancelled immediately. I get my fees back immediately. Buyer does not need to do anything.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"Selecting buyer request in Resolution Centre means the buyer does not have to respond. Every time i have chosen "blame the buyer", the sale is cancelled immediately. I get my fees back immediately. Buyer does not need to do anything."

When was the last time you did a cancel? It has changed. This is what our last cancel that we picked blame the buyer still says:

Order cancellation is pending

We'll ask the buyer to confirm the cancel.

That was 13 days ago. Buyer is an idiot and never responded. We called ebay last night and they fixed it and we got our $37 final value fee back.

This was on .ca and we and the buyer are in Winnipeg.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi,

Done this yesterday (''More actions'' then ''Cancel order'' and select ''Buyer change is mind..''.)

I also sent this email to my buyer : "I understand you.  I'll send you a cancelation request for the transaction. Please accept the cancelation this will end the transaction correctly."

Buyer have to accept the cancelation and he done it.

No penalty on the seller dashboard.

Thanks !

Martin

Message 6 of 6
latest reply