Cancelling a transaction

I have a return coming and what I used to do with returns is send a cancellation request to re-coupe my fees. To my surprise it seems that action no longer exists. Seems like all you can do is cancel the transaction before you send out an item.

My question is; am I correct, and is there still away to perform the above mentioned procedure? If not how do you deal with  a return where myself and the buyer have worked out a return without the need for Ebay? How does one get credited for fees?

I wish Ebay would quite meddling with its procedures. It seems just when you have it all down pat, they change it.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Cancelling a transaction

Meddling? How about simplifying to the extreme?

Resolution Center ---> I sold an item ---> I need to cancel a transaction ---> find item ---> select reason as buyer request ---> refund ---> fees are credited.

No sending requests. No waiting. No checking. No separately going through Paypal. No defects. Easy-peezy.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

Have you used that for a return? I haven't tried doing it that way but I thought that could only be used if an item hasn't been shipped yet.

jersey - If mr elmwood's method doesn't work for you, another seller recently reported that after they had refunded the transaction through Paypal, a 'solve a problem' link appeared in the transaction dropdown which  gave them access to cancel the transaction and get their fees back.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

I have done it, personally, myself, in all situations whether shipped or not. I have used that method before an item is shipped. I have cancelled after the buyer has received and there was a problem.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

Resolution Center ---> I sold an item ---> I need to cancel a transaction ---> find item ---> select reason as buyer request ---> refund ---> fees are credited.

It doesnt work like that anymore. Its not my first return. Try yourself ,up to the point of actually sending the request.

Thats the route I used. It works up to find item. Then it asked reason. The option I selection was buyer wanted to cancel transaction. Then you press continue. Then it say to refund the buyer. Nothing about returning the item first. I then get a note saying, we are just waiting to hear from the buyer that they received their refund. How messed is this. I had to contact the buyer to ask that not to except the refund request, but being a newby, he is now a little confused and wants to contact Ebay about proper procedure. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

Mr Elmwood . I think you misread my opening thread. This is for an item that has already been delivered not just a simple close of a transaction where the buyer changed there mind .
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

Hi Jersey,

If you did not process your return via resolution center, you need to refund the buyer first then you will be allow to cancel the transaction and get back your fees.

Did it last week and it work, I suggest to communicate with the buyer first and let know you will ask ebay to cancel the transaction because he/she change his/her mind about the purchase.

Good luck,

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

@jersey..authentix wrote:

It doesnt work like that anymore. Its not my first return. Try yourself ,up to the point of actually sending the request.

Thats the route I used. It works up to find item. Then it asked reason. The option I selection was buyer wanted to cancel transaction. Then you press continue. Then it say to refund the buyer. Nothing about returning the item first. I then get a note saying, we are just waiting to hear from the buyer that they received their refund. How messed is this. I had to contact the buyer to ask that not to except the refund request, but being a newby, he is now a little confused and wants to contact Ebay about proper procedure. 

And, that is exactly the correct procedure, except, you made the mistake of contacting the buyer. Never do that.

Buyer has been refunded and you get your fees back.

The part about the buyer acknowledging is confusing and should be eliminated as it is not relevant.

Yeah, it is that simple.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

U still dont understand. This is about requesting a cancellation on a transaction where the buyer has already received the item and is now asking to return it. Of course there will be contact

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

Anyone knows how the new returns work. I need to print a return label but I can t see where it is Im suppose to do that. I have followed the instructions of the return request but after the confirmation of address I have no idea what to do next.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

@jersey..authentix wrote:

Anyone knows how the new returns work. I need to print a return label but I can t see where it is Im suppose to do that. I have followed the instructions of the return request but after the confirmation of address I have no idea what to do next.

If they are in another country there is no way for you to print the return label. You can tell them that they can purchase the label and that you will refund them once you receive the item back.  If they are in the same country, I don't know if there is a place for you to do the return label. I believe that it is set up to do that in the U.S. but I'm not sure about in Canada.

Do you know that you only have to pay for the return label if the item is not as described?  I'm totally confused about whether this is a return for buyers remorse or for not as described reasons. In your original post I had the impression that it was a regular return and that you had already received the item back and refunded as you need to refund before you can cancel.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Cancelling a transaction

Best to call Ebay. It has been a confusing issue.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply