Changing the default "Additional ship to locations" on new listings

I've been trying to find an answer to this, but my searches haven't located what I need.  If someone can point me to a discussion or page with a solution, that would be great.

Lately I've noticed that when I list items for sale, Russian Federation is checked by default in the "Additional ship to locations - buyers contact for costs" section at the bottom of the International Shipping settings.  I'm not sure if this always happened and I only noticed it recently or if something changed, but I don't want it to be checked.  I now have Russia in my "Excluded shipping locations" list, but Russian Federation still comes up selected as a place I ship to when I create a new listing, and I don't know if that would override my exclusion list setting.  When I create an individual listing I can deselect it, but when I use the Selling Manager to bulk relist a hundred auctions with different weights and shipping costs I don't want to have to manually go into every auction to deselect it.

Is there a way to set which countries/regions are selected by default when you create a new listing?  I've gone through my settings but still haven't found a way to change it.  Or is there a way to disable the whole "Additional ship to locations - buyers contact for costs" section?  Since I specify a flat rate for all the countries I ship to it's unnecessary for me.  Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I think that it is just a glitch that doesn't affect listings. Have you tried leaving Russia in the 'additional ship to locations' area and then relisting to see if Russia shows up?  If it doesn't, then nothing is being changed so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I notice some odd options checked off every once in a while when I relist but the original shipping locations that I put in seem to stick.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

hedge88
Community Member

Bingo!  This happened to me the other week.  I thought it was something I did that made the default change. 

It seems the exclusion overrides the additional ship default, because I have Russian Federation excluded and it didn't show up as a country I ship to although additional ship has it checked. 

Just to be sure I went back and unchecked all of them, but it happens every time a listing is renewed.  It seems to be a new glitch, as it never used to be like that.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have also noticed this "Glitch" when I relist items this past week.  It's really annoying to have to go one by one to remove it.  I wish Ebay would fix this as I also have Russia on my excluded list.  It is a concern because even though it does not show under the "ships to" list a person in Russia could still see your listing thinking you would ship to them if they asked.  I had this happen last summer when a guy from Indonesia bought an item even though I didn't ship there and had the appropriate blocks set up.  It was a real pain and I had to request a cancellation of the sale.  I'd hate to think what could happen with Ebays new "defect" system if a seller had to cancel transactions because of this "Glitch".  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Don't forget that Russia is on 2 places on the list to exclude countries - at least it is when I list using Turbo Lister. It is under Asia and Europe (I think its Europe). Its a huge country so I guess it overlaps on two areas. You have to check it off in two places. I only use TL so don't know how it is set up in SYI.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks everyone. At least I know it wasn't something I did that caused the change. I checked and Russia does appear to be excluded from my ship to countries, so as you said hedge88, the exclusion list apparently overrides the additional ship default. Hopefully that is enough to prevent problems as when I use Selling Manager to relist a lot of BIN auctions I don't want to edit each one.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply