Coming soon!!

I've only had my store for a couple of months so I am still finding my way through the system. I dont know if there is a way to place in my store, coming soon. Its getting close to what I hope will be a Christmas rush and I got some great items I would love to put in my store, but there a couple of weeks away. It would be great to be able to start featuring them now, to drum up some business.

Anyone has some thing like this in their store? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Coming soon!!

This may relate to how you set up your categories in a store

Visit several stores and see what sellers do... Some sellers do not know how to use a store to advantage... and all in relation to naming categories....  and then ordering the categories-subcategories in the navigation column.

The names in store categories.... Some headings or some words in headings could be in all caps...  others can be caps first letter only...

For names  I use as few words as possible... but the words should be very descriptive of what is within that category...

The order in the left Navigation column in a store. is important

You can have up to 300 categories-subcategories.  Subcategories add to the ease with which a potential buyer will find items in the store.  

A main category can have several subcategories  with each  subcategory being further divided into a series of additional  Subcategories  is possible,  A bit like a pyramid....  with the main category title at the top  and everything branching out below  into subcategories  level 1  and the subcategories within subcategories...

The question becomes....  Is it enough to have main categories.... or main categories with subcategories?..  The answer is most likely.... how many listing end up in each subcategory.... I like to keep that number low in that final subcategory..... usually no more than what could be viewed in one page....50 listings... but sometimes in a very focused subcategory  I will go higher  with respect to number of listings in that sub category.

And I was constantly adjust categories  as I added to the store over the last few years.....  The category and the order is relatively constant right now... and close to a maximum at about 275-280 categories-subcategories...

The left navigation column can also be set  to be viewed with each listing on eBay

Everything is under ... Manage My Store... under the Account TAB

-------------------------------------------------------

It is a few years now that auction listings and store listings showed up together in a search..  

Many asked what the advantage of a store was.

Without a store all of a seller's listings are found spread out based on eBay categories where the listings were placed..

With a store  everything is placed in order within a seller's choice.... eBay categories  can be used... However,  well defined categories  work best.

and then potential buyers find a seller's store  and  may choose to come to a store  before doing a broad search across eBay.

A big factor with a store  is the potential for multiple purchases by a single buyer....  an advantage in relation to the cost of postage....

---------------------------------------------

and then... Potential buyers  have to know how to navigate a store effectively.

How effective depends on how the seller has set up the store...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Coming soon!!

Off the top of my head, you could temporarily add some larger? bolder? text in your store header (in the section that currently says welcome to our store....) that says something like watch for new items coming at the end of the year!!!

PS you can also send a email marketing message (via marketing tools section)  to your subscribers advising them of the upcoming launch date. However what I personally do is the opposite. I launch the items then I send a note saying "100s of new items" or whatever.....that way it is already there for them to look at and buy.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Coming soon!!

I actually talked to someone on Ebay about adding this option to stores. They liked it thought this was a great idea. To Ebays policy ( why I dont know), they cant say if this would be something they may go ahead and add to stores or not. 

Wait and see.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply