Confirmed adress

Hi all, I would like to know something about the confirmed shipping adress. I see that a lot of scammers on ebay buy stuff and make the item ship to an adress that is NOT their confirmed adress. Paypal don't protect seller who ship to unconfirmed adress so all sounds good to me at this point.

But how can you refuse to ship to unconfirmed adress without having a negative feedback. I mean you can say it on the ad that you don't ship to unconfirmed adress but it will not stop people buying and put another adress for the shipment. At this point, you can cancel the trade and refuse to ship it but it will eventually result of negative feedback. 

My question is.. Is their a way to only ship to confirmed adress and to avoid the scammers or the other people that they dont ship to their confirmed adress that will not result of negative things? I am on ebay since many years and got scammed 3-4 times and right now I am on that question but didn't find any answer. That's why I'm asking it here.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Confirmed adress

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ship them with a tracking number and you are protected.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Confirmed adress

Shipping to a PayPal confirmed address is no longer a requirement for PayPal Seller Protection for at least 5 or 7 years. All you have to do is ship to the address on the PayPal invoice paid by the buyer.

That being said, to have PayPal Seller Protection you need to use a shipping service with online delivery confirmation to prove it was delivered like Canada Post Expedited Parcel, Tracked Packet or Xpresspost. If you ship with Canada Post services like Light Packet or Small Packet, there is no delivery confirmation so there is no seller protection therefore you can ship to any address the buyer requests.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Confirmed adress

As answered already:

Always ship with tracking, and ship to the address on the paypal statement. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Confirmed adress

Buyer must specify a Primary Shipping Address on eBay before they buy.

Once they buy, this address becomes the address on Paypal.

This address cannot be changed.on Paypal

I did have a buyer want me to ship to an address other than the address on Paypal.

The payment was refunded, and an invoice was forwarded using Paypal with that "new" address.

Buyer paid......  but   I must confirm that buyer was dumbfounded...

One has to confirm that they were preparing to scam me... but I OUTWITTED THEM....

The address on Paypal  and associated with the sale is critical  with parcels shipped... important both with and without tracking.

In today's eBay  tracking is a critical option......

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Confirmed adress

There are some things that are too cheap to make tracking worthwhile.

And for those we use Cookie Jar Insurance.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Confirmed adress

Just remember to always ship with tracking, that's it! 😉

Message 7 of 7
latest reply