Constant request invoice problems just don't stop

The seller does not offer combined shipping discounts.The seller has disallowed combined payments and shipping discounts. Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase.

This is starting to really upset me as both a buyer and seller.

It never seems to quit and Ebay refuses to do anything.

No wonder people want to purchase or sell off site, their site is not worth anything lately for buyers or sellers and does not work.

I think their rah rah session is in LA this week and maybe thousands of buyers and sellers should show up their will their complaints when the media is there.

Ebay may not care about their sellers and buyers, but if they keep going away, eventually it will catch up with them.

And yes, the senior execs get paid huge money for having blinders on and spewing a whole lot of garbage.

And yes, maybe the chat staff need to take their blinders off as well and start doing something themselves to make senior execs aware of these ridiculous problems.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I agree that a buyer should be able to request an invoice but I think that part of the problem is that some sellers want or ebay thinks they want to not have to send an invoice if that seller doesn't combine shipping or if the seller already has combined shipping set up. In those two cases there's no need for them to send one but you would think that the system could be set up to account for various situations.

Dutchman  - In your situation with your discounts set up, are your buyers able to pay with combined shipping without a problem?

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Just had one on the weekend, bought 4 on .com and paid combined with no problems

It does affect both buyers and sellers.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Of course if affects both.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Hi Rose-Dee,

My experience with this problem has been that the shopping cart problems almost always happen when the buyer is using a phone or tablet hence the ebay app.  I spend a lot of time doing ebay tech support for my customers; if I can get them to a desktop or laptop most of the shopping cart problems go away.  It is not 100% but mostly.  I have found by putting the red paragraphs in my listings has helped.  I sometimes work customers who only have a phone, if I can get them out of the ebay app and on to Safari/Chrome, the success rate is pretty good.

Tyler had asked me for a list of the transactions that had problems.  I sent him a list of the June and last week of May problem transaction.  Tyler and Rodney know there is a problem as per the private correspondence I have had with Tyler.  There is no evidence of an action plan (yet) in that correspondence but I think we at least have acknowledgement.

To echo Dutchman's point, I do not think they have any way of know how many uncompleted transactions/abandoned carts there are. 

If anyone wishes to copy the red paragraphs, please proceed with my approval.

FAR

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

I only use a desktop PC for Ebay and problems with checkout as a buyer are ridiculous!

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I only use a desktop PC for Ebay and problems with checkout as a buyer are ridiculous!

Same here.  All the checkout problems I've had have been when using a PC (laptop) running Google Chrome, so I really don't think the problem derives from mobile purchases only. 

Because I list on both .ca and .com, I'm considering just giving up and working out a way to offer free shipping on all items that might be likely to be purchased in a combined order -- and I do get a lot of those.  It's ridiculous to have to be forced to do so by eBay's lack of programming, but it's more important to me that every single one of my customers is able to check out smoothly and seamlessly.  

So, if eBay doesn't kill me, then Canada Post eventually will. 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Expect some not nice changes from CP in the new year.

I also read the CP is already starting to return letter mail because it contains coins which is a no no.

Many Canadian sellers will be in for some major issues next year with shipping and huge cost increases.

I may end up removing anything that has to go light packet or above because of the Ebay ridiculous % on our high postage costs and list them all on my own site or elsewhere where I won't have to pay a % of the shipping costs.

It has gotten absurd over the last 2 years and will only get worse.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Quite out of topic, but congrats on your 5000 feedbacks dutchman48!!

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Thank you

Message 29 of 29
latest reply