Dead-beat bidders should lose a percentage of their score

The invisible "non-payment" strikes are worthless, they do nothing unless someone gets 2 per month. But if these people lost say 5% of their score and had a note added to the feedback area saying why, it could lessen this annoying problem considerably.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You have not set up you Site Preferences -> Buyer requirements optimally. You need to change it from 2 strikes per month to 2 strikes per year. This will block more problem buyers than 2 per month setting.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You have to wonder if Ebay is really willing to remove Buyers because they have exceeded the non payment strikes. We the sellers will never know because Ebay wont show us. Its sort of like Ebay never allowing buyers to receive a negative feedback, or when you report a buyer you never hear of any action taken.

Sure seems like Ebay never does anything to buyers. Dont it!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I've twice had a member contact me to ask if they could bid although they are being Blocked by the UID Strike Block.

I don't bother answering those messages.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I've also had 2 of the same blocked member contacts and they worked out well.  Both acknowledged their UID strikes, gave explanations/apologies, and said they would pay immediately, and both did just that.  One has become a good repeat buyer.  Some people do learn from their mistakes.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I've had similar experiences.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@maggiebvintage2010 wrote:

I've also had 2 of the same blocked member contacts and they worked out well.  Both acknowledged their UID strikes, gave explanations/apologies, and said they would pay immediately, and both did just that.  One has become a good repeat buyer.  Some people do learn from their mistakes.Smiley Happy

Same here, anyone who has taken the time to ask to be unblocked (because of non-payment strikes) has worked out just fine. If you buy a lot (a lot = a couple of items a week on an ongoing basis) it's easy to have either a few crazy sellers make you not want to pay or interruptions to life that make it difficult to pay. There is a big difference between a buyer who fails to pay on two items out of 100 as opposed to a buyer who fails to pay 2 times out of a handful. The latter are the ones I really want to block, the former I'm happy to sell to.

Oh, deduct a portion of their feedback score? What exactly would that do?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply