Discovered by accident - advantage of relisting?

Hmm interested to hear others thoughts on this. 

Traditionally I maintain my main copy of the listing in Turbolister, when one sells, I relist out of turbolister. At the best of times, the only change is to change the pictures to reflect those of the latest item and relist.

I noticed recently that the third example of a lot had sold, something I was surprised that it was popular. This is when I realized that I'd been using relist for it because the original wasn't maintained in Turbolister, something I traditionally rarely do. This leads me to wonder if relisting may somehow maintain the popularity of the item within cassini? Or perhaps when someone views a sold watched item it says "this has been relisted" and it prompts them to buy it before it sells again?

Anyway I now have a few experiments underway, to see if it makes a difference.

Interested to know if others have observed similarities or have done their own experiments?

(PS My categories are underneath Stamps)

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can glean a bit of an insight into how a listings history can affect it's placement in Best Match on this page:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/listing-analytics.html

If you are selling repeatables the key metrics are probably Sold Items and Sell Through. For one of a kind items it's Impressions, Clicks and Click Through.

One other possible advantage to relisting is that anyone who was previously watching the item will get an alert that it's been relisted.

In my opinion these metrics are much more relevant than feedback, defects, trs and all the other carrots eBay dangles with the promise of possible increased exposure.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi Rec! From my observation of other sellers, it is very clear that a repeatable, with many purchases trumps all the other "carrots" - I've seen sellers with relatively poor results still placing very very early because of multiple sales/high sales rate with an item of high quantity that is selling (that I realize now they keep relisting from time to time with no changes).

My wondering is if some semblance of clicks and click through are "retained" in the relisted item? My experience could very easily be a result of the alert that it was relisted.

THX for the information!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hmm one of the experiments just resold in 25 minutes!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Just thought I'd share some updates from the experimental period since I started this thread.

I've been relisting everything that has sold that I have a similar version of (ie I would have used the same listing and just changed the pictures if I was using Turbolister to relist it).

There certainly does seem to be a positive effect from relisting. It appears that the effect is greatest for items that had a lot of watchers, and/or had "keen" buyers - I am not sure if in the case where someone has purchased it and I relist if they still get a notification that it was relisted??

This would suggest that the alert to watchers that it was relisted does generate activity.

Anyway it may be worth experimenting in your categories if you aren't already relisting stuff...... to see if it helps your stuff!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

How does Sell Similar affect sales, I wonder?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes that would be good to know, anyone experimented with that???
Message 7 of 7
latest reply