Do I really need to convert my USD listings? What will happen to them in June 14 ?

I have started making my new listings in CAD about a month ago.

However I have a bunch of Good til cancelled BIN listings that are in USD.

I tried the migration tool but it seems buggy and a hassle to use.

Then it hit me that the message ebay sent said that on june 14 I wont be able to make new listings in USD.

But what happens to the existing listings? I see no mention about it in the ebay message.   I see no reason to migrate them if they just stay there until someone buys them.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Do I really need to convert my USD listings? What will happen to them in June 14 ?

Your existing GTC listings will remain (in USD) until August.

So you have till then to 'correct' them.

At the moment you have 68 listings, and if the ones that don't end in "5/9/0" are the USD ones, you really only have about 30 to convert to Canadian.

That's just a matter of using closing the listing, using Sell Similar, changing the currency to CDN, making sure the amount you are charging will still be acceptable, and posting.

I did 40 of those yesterday, before succumbing to boredom.

If you plan to move listings to dotCOM, you will need to close them, find the pictures or take new ones, then relist completely.

I believe the best reason to stay on dotCA is being able to use Calculated Shipping on bulky items.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If they are gtc listings they will end sometime in August. Other U.S. Dollar listings will not renew once they end after June 14 so if you start a 30 day listing today it will end on in 30 days and you won't be able to relist it in that currency.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

anyone know if there is a deadline to list GTC's. Obviously June 14th, but would I still be able to do it June 13th.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

They  haven't specified another listing deadline for gtc listings so I'm sure that the last day for them is also the 13th.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Kind of a waste of time, though, isn't it?

For new listings, choose your site and list there.

In my opinion, if you need to use Calculated Shipping (anything that goes parcel rate /is over 500 grams and 2cm thick) should stay on dotCA.

If you can use LetterPost/LightParcel, which has consistent rates for all of Canada, all of the USA and all the rest of the world, you can choose either dotCOM or dotCA.

Use your time to massage your existing listings.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the useful reply. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

"If you plan to move listings to dotCOM, you will need to close them, find the pictures or take new ones, then relist completely."

Actually you can end, import to TL and convert to .com there. You will keep the pics that way but have to enter category, shipping details etc.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply