Do you think all these Ebay

Changes are getting a bit too much for many sellers to continue with EBay, or is it just part of the game, change is a given?

Is it getting close to the straw that brakes the back of smaller sellers?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I believe change is a given anywhere. eCommerce is a quickly evolving field, and I would expect to see very quick changes, not all of which will be well thought out or successful. That applies to eBay and elsewhere. In 2015, anyone who is impacted by the low price of oil will see lots of changes, some good, some not so much. 

I also believe that in many cases a small seller who keeps an open mind is better able to react to change than a larger business is, and turn some of those changes into opportunities. We can rarely change eBay. For myself I don't see a viable alternative at this point, so I figure, and this is my opinion only, I should learn how to use the rules and systems that are in place to my best advantage. 

My other alternatives are to complain, which accomplishes nothing, or quit, which leaves me with a lot of stamps to look at. eBay will NOT break my back. I'll continue to learn from my fellow sellers here, and my business will continue to grow. Some of the changes might even turn out to be good ones. It's gotta happen sometimes.........

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The answer to your question can be found in this thread:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Thumbs-up-Ebay/m-p/287794

"I tend to complain a lot, but the truth is over 1200 or so sales only a  very very few were a problem, thumbs up for EBay. "

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Several of the discussion boards on eBay.com are read on a regular basis.

The most interesting discussions were started by people that have experienced a problem... have a view that they have a problem.....and do not know what to do... They complain... They Whine..

These discussions do provide a lot of information....  stimulate a lot of thought....   and help in formulating things that could happen... with possible actions to deal with the problem also noted.

Ready to address a problem before it occurs. 

and...

The most obvious part of these discussions...  the complainer/whiner  does come up with a very good response to the problem  but fails to recognize they have an answer....  and continue  blind to the answer..

Message 4 of 4
latest reply