Does anybody else have trouble with sales to Quebec?

Folks,

I'm not trying to harp on Quebec, but...  I've had several problems with buyers from Quebec.  Over the past few months, I've had everything from buyers that have not paid for their items, complaints about the type of envelope I've used (though the item arrived fine and in exact same condition as pictured), claims opened stating that they did not receive the item, though they had already told me they received the item and essentially no longer wanted it (in which case after PayPal had refunded his money, they eventually gave the money back to me in the end because he had fraudulently accused me of not sending the item), to negative feedback extortion.  I have yet to receive any complaint from purchasers from other provinces.

Can I block Quebec buyers?  If not, can I stipulate all items must be shipped to Quebec using Xpresspost at the buyers expense?  I honestly think these experiences are slowly turning me away from eBay!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Quebec buyers bring me a lot of sales with little issues. I don't think you can exclude a province but you can block P.O. Boxes and Individual buyers. 

Are you giving preference to other destinations? Buyers like to complain about little things. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

At least a third of my Canadian buyers are from Quebec, I have the same issues with them as buyers from anywhere else..........NONE!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Over 50% of my Canadian sales are to Quebec buyers.  Absolutely no problems.  Among the quickest to pay, the highest rate of feedback and very courteous notes.  And I sell to both women and men.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

I have never had any problems with any specific province. In fact I prefer Canadian buyers !!!!  And Sellers!!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

worrly
Community Member

Maybe it's the type of items you are selling? That attracts a certain clientele. 

I listed some speakers, it was one of the worst ebay selling experiences I ever had with Jerks trying to scam me complaining about my shipping price to International (I never usually have Int buyers), ones trying to negotiate a lower shipping price or to tell me not to gouge them. One guy said one of them looked blown out so how about I sell him one?

I was so close to telling everyone to screw off, despite all the watchers and interest, I got only one bid on my auction and he was difficult as well.

I'll stick to makeup and skincare from now on.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Yes. I have been having the exact same problem as you with my last three Quebec bidders. It certainly cannot be a coincidence. Could someone please answer the question as to whether we can block sales to Quebec, at least for the time being.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

No, you cannot block a province.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I've had everything from buyers that have not paid for their items,

So you open an Unpaid Item Case, get your fees back and he finds it harder to continue to bid and buy.

complaints about the type of envelope I've used

Collectors, eh? But was this one guy or many? If many, maybe you should be changing your packaging. (Or was this the neutrals about shipping cost?)

claims opened stating that they did not receive the item

And you won the case.

to negative feedback extortion.

So you Report the extortion to eBay and if all goes the way it should, the neg if any is removed and the miscreant has a violation on his record.

You've got over 300 happy customers in the past year. Why focus on the few unhappy people? They have to live with themselves and you don't.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The bulk of my sales go to Quebec and Ontario. Overall I do not run into very many issues but in comparison to other provinces and states in the US, Quebec definitely has my highest ratio of problems.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I'm a seller from Quebec. Since I began selling on this ID, I had 3 sales to buyers living in Quebec. All three went very smoothly and I'm even friend with one of them now (she lives in a town not that far from Quebec city where I live). So no, I don't and didn't have any troubles.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I love Quebec buyers. Never had a problem with them.

Whats next. can we block cities? LOL

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@jerseywithstats wrote:

I love Quebec buyers. Never had a problem with them. 

Ditto!!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

30% of my sales are to Quebecois and so far no problem at all... fast payment and good feedback ! 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

... Thank You ... 😉
Message 15 of 15
latest reply