Does anyone know how to set the price in US dollars when selling on ebay.ca

Selling on ebay.ca the price is automatically in Canadian dollars, does anyone know how I can switch my listings to US dollars?  Any suggestions on how to compete with US sellers on shipping costs with Canada Post charging such high rates compared to USPS?

Hope you're all having a great day!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

On the first page of the SIY, right below categories, you should see *Choose a Currency.  You can change it to USD there.  Once something is listed in CAD the only way to change the currency is to end the listing and start a new one.

Since you don't have any listings I can't comment on your shipping costs.  I sell mostly things that can be shipped Light Packet which keeps the cost of S/H down.  You can also consider increasing your price and decreasing the shipping cost although, in that case, you will be paying FVF on the part of the shipping that you include in the price.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Are you using the Quick listing form? It only allow Can $. You need to switch to the Advanced form (tor right should have a link).

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You pay final value fees on shipping whether you show it as a shipping cost, or include all or part of that cost in your item price - no difference.  The only exception to this is if your first domestic shipping is FREE SHIPPING, then you do not pay that 10% on anything shipped outside Canada when listing on .ca, and outside USA when properly set up and listed on .com

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"you show it as a shipping cost, or include all or part of that cost in your item price - no difference."

Actually, there is a difference if the seller is TRS (Top Rated Seller).

Why?  Because the FVF charged on the shipping charge is not eligible to the 20% rebate received by TRS.

Please allow me an easy example of an item selling for $20 with $10 shipping while FVF are 9%

1) $20 item FVF = $1.80 - 20% TRS rebate = $1.44 plus $10 shipping FVF = $0.90 for a total of  $2.34

2) $30 item ("free shipping" included in price)  FVF = $2.70 - 20% TRS rebate = total fee of $2.16

Conclusion :  a TRS pays lower FVFs when incorporating the shipping charge in the selling price and calling it "free shipping".

Now, many sellers, I am sure, want to pay higher eBay fees.  That's OK: keep charging the shipping separately!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks all, I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply