Don't feed them after midnight

Last night at a few minutes past midnight CST, my entire store and all my 1143 listings vanished for approximately five minutes.

All I saw was a red error message asking me if I'd like to subscribe to a store, and then when things began to materlaize, my Selling Manager page was destroyed.

It all looks normal now. 

Did anyone else witness this with their own stores or listings? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

In an effort to have some semblance of a real life, I try to turn my computer off at 8pm and not turn it back on again till 5am or 6 am.....

Although I have to confess that I check my "sold" query a couple times on my phone before I go to bed to see if anythings sold......

So fortunately I miss any of the "midnight madness".....

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

That's good advice. I don't know what purpose it serves for me to fret over it when a smart person would be sleeping. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Probably something to do with their Thursday night maintenance/wrecking crew.

Their always tends to be many weird things and issues till around the weekend.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I had no feedback, no store, no listings.  What I did have was a steep sense of anxiety. 

IMG_4136.JPG

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Now that I see your screen prints, it reminds me that from time to time I have also gotten messages saying my store does not exist, or a search of my ongoing items returns zero (much more often it has been open items returns zero because I do that a lot more).

Normally if I try again immediately it is ok again, if not a few minutes later it is.

When I've experienced it I would say it was in the morning or early evening.

To be honest I don't pay attention anymore it's just another glitch... as long as it doesn't last I don't worry about it....

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

hlmacdon
Community Member

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Last night at a few minutes past midnight CST, my entire store and all my 1143 listings vanished for approximately five minutes.

Did anyone else witness this with their own stores or listings? 

Didn't notice yesterday but I've had something similar in the past where my store wasn't viewable. When that was occurring it would randomly not appear between page refreshes. The last few weeks of using ebay have been filled with lots of random bugs in different areas, yesterday it was "bad request" when adding tracking information (totally not important right?). They've been live testing a number of new features so not surprising random things are breaking. They really need to sandbox their dev environment and stop live testing beta code.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

For years and years weird things would happen late every thursday night, which ebay touted as their maintenance time.  Sometimes for hours.  You dont see much effect anymore, everyone used to expect the site would be unuseable then.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I try to turn my computer off at 8pm and not turn it back on again

That's possible?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Mine is usually on by 6:30 AM and off around 11:00 PM

Message 10 of 10
latest reply