Dropshipping

hughe_25
Community Member

Hi there, im new to ebay but recently i saw a few videos on utube about dropshipping but they were all from the US and i was wondering if its possible to do it in Australia and if so could anyboby give me some tips on how to do it.

Many Thanks.

Mark

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Dropshipping

Run. Run like the wind.

Dropshipping is a mug's game.

You find the buyers. You compete with dozens if not hundreds of other dropshippers using the same catalogue.

If the supplier sells poor quality products, you get blamed. And Defects.

If the supplier packages poorly leading to damage in transit, you get blamed. And Defects.

If the supplier sells out and does not ship, you get blamed. And Defects.

And all that is with an "honest" dropshipper who actually has product and does ship it.

Don't sell anything you are not holding in your hand.

To find products :

Sell what you know: know what you sell.

If you are a hairdresser, sell beauty supplies. If you are a plumber, sell small (or even large) plumbing parts.

Ask the sales reps about end of lines and deadstock.

Look in your local Yellow Pages (yep. the paper one) for manufacturers, importers, jobbers, liquidators.

Visit their offices (make an appointment if necessary).

Be ready to pay up front, although nowadays "upfront" includes a credit card, which allows you a 30 day window before you have to make a payment.

But just don't even think about dropshipping.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Dropshipping

Hi femmefan, you said it perfectly!!!!

One of the most important things you said  is sell what you know and make sure it is in your possession. 

I would never consider dropshipping and I have been selling for 16 years on ebay alone, about 35 years other places.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Dropshipping

TANSTAAFL.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Dropshipping

Im not sure if you are aware that you are on a Canadian board so you might want to ask your question on the Australian boards too. I know that some US sellers succesfully drop ship but I think that in most cases it is difficult to do on eBay.  Since you are made accountable for whatever you sell here it is best to handle shipping the merchandise yourself.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply