E-bay Canada vs. E-bay USA money back guarantee

After 16 years as a seller-enough is enough-sold a $50 autoharp to US buyer and she filed a return notice the day she got it-saying not as described.

Never contacted me directly,never asked questions.

Well eBay refunded her and now I owe them $82 and have had my account put on hold.

No way in hell I will pay this amount and they can close my account.

How far do the collection processes continue?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"How far do the collection processes continue?"

If they fail to collect within a few months, eBay and PayPal send the unpaid accounts to a collection agency.

This may or may not affect one's credit rating depending on the outcome and the amount involved.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"How far do the collection processes continue?"

If they fail to collect within a few months, eBay and PayPal send the unpaid accounts to a collection agency.

This may or may not affect one's credit rating depending on the outcome and the amount involved.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Was she required to return the item?

Were you contacted by eBay before the refund and asked if you would refund voluntarily (usually on receiving the item back)?

If you were contacted and said anything to the effect that your did not take returns, eBay will take you at your word and refund the unhappy buyer, allowing her to keep the autoharp that you said you didn't want back, and come after you for their money.

You will be seeing other results on your Seller account.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I notice that your listing states that you do not accept returns.

The word 'return' is not a synonym for 'refund'. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

That is why I am giving up on ebay-sellers pay the fees and get kicked in the teeth.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Paypal will take your money and give it to the buyer. You can only hope the buyer will return it and all you will actually loose is the return shipping costs. **bleep** happens like this all the time on ebay. Seller wrong...Buyer right..

Message 6 of 6
latest reply