EBAY store FVF discount

e_knny
Community Member

Hi,

Does the ebay store FVF discount stack with top rated seller FVF discount?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

EBAY store FVF discount

Fees are different for sellers with and without a store.

For example, in the "Stamps" category, you pay 10% FVF if you do not have a store.  If you are TRS, you get 20% off and end up paying 8.00% net

If you do have a store, the FVF drop to 6%.  If you are TRS you get 20% off and end up paying 4.80% net

FVF vary depending on which category the item is listed.

Check the fee schedules (both with and without an eBay store) for details.

It should also be noted - and it can make a huge difference to some sellers - FVF charged on the shipping charge does not qualify for the TRS 20% rebate.  So it may be advantageous to list on a "free shipping" basis (shipping included in the price) to minimize fees (or maximize the rebate).

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

EBAY store FVF discount

Thanks, so they do stack!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

EBAY store FVF discount

Check out the fee calculator http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feecalculator

I just opened a store, I figure I'll save at least $19.99 a month on FVFs so It's basically free if you sell enough

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

EBAY store FVF discount

I would suggest anyone new to a store to try it out at the monthly plan of $19.95 (price is not 19.99 a month, minor correction) for a few months. Do not get the yearly plan of $15.95 per month because there is a 1 year contract term with heavy penalties to end it in the first few months. Once you are confident the store works for you, go with a yearly plan.

Having the option to cancel anytime with the monthly no contract plan is a good way to start with a store.

Also for new sellers with selling limits, have a store or a non-store does not increase the selling limits. A store may not save you enough in fees to pay for the store if you cannot use all of the monthly free listings. You may have to wait a few months with sales to have a store plan save you money.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply