EBay offer of 1000 free listings ... Now they send it?

I got a message from eBay this evening with a 1000 free listings offer open through to the 26th. Today is the 27th. Now they tell me? Anyone else get this tonight? I've never noticed a screw-up like this one before. Either the closing date is wrong, or somebody is slow on the draw.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Yes, got it to...

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Great promotion!!!

I got the message today as well - the day after end of this promo.

"List 1,000 items for free

Sent:  27-Jan-15 13:00"

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Same here!
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

FREE

I knew about the promotion but just got the message today!

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Ditto. Got it tonight. (Insert eye roll.) It is totally over.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

So I'm not alone. I think they owe us. LOL I"m laughing, but seriously.  Not nice.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Here's a screen shot of my message. I want those free listings!!! Woman Frustrated

ebay list 1000.png

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

yess i got it too so i listed an item and got nailed 35 cent ,just think how many got nailed on that one,adds up the profits for ebay for sure,bad joke

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Yes, I also got the email on the 27th.  A sad example of Ebay incompetence.  Wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not!  Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

I got it yesterday night as well

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

lol, yes same here. I was looking in my emails as I was sure I'd seen one similar, or maybe it was the same promo but it was GONE!! I knew I hadn't deleted the email, but it was nowhere to be found. Then I would say about an hour later, there it was, back in my inbox!
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Got this too -- yesterday night!  Hahahaha, my laugh for the evening.  Woman LOL

Well, I guess that proves that I don't have to have my Preferences set to receive promo emails from eBay, even if they are too late.  I've stopped expecting timely email notification -- I just check my Summary page under the Promo offers every day now. 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Oh -- wait guys -- maybe it's real, and this promo is good until January 26 (of next year, that is).  

Whoo-hoo, list away gang!!  (Just kidding, don't bother, I see above that someone tried and got 'dinged'). Woman Very Happy

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Lol I got it in my ebay message box too! It's hilarious
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

I think the message is still incorrect since it shows only the 5, 7 and 10 day listings and I think it actually included 30 days too!
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

... Maybe it is until january 26, 2016...?!?!?!

lollll

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

This was mentioned in the Announcements section on the 22nd,  it looks like, but do we look at that when we get messages for announcements?  I would love to hear from eBay on this. Surely they noticed less takers on the deal and that there had to be a reason for that. If they didn't make you go through hoops to call them, I would. And ... there is no issue category for promo help in the Help/contact section. This is just wrong even if it is listed under announcements.  I don't list much, but I would have liked to get in on this one.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

How can we get an Ebay rep to weigh in here?

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

"How can we get an Ebay rep to weigh in here?"

Raphael is currently out-of-town.  I expect we will hear from him upon his return.  As a matter of policy and due to staff shortage, eBay staffers do not address questions on these threads except for the weekly Board Hour (cancelled today) and special circumstances.

I am not making excuses for eBay but I guess all he can say at this time is "sorry, hopefully we will do better next time."

Message 20 of 26
latest reply