EBay offer of 1000 free listings ... Now they send it?

I got a message from eBay this evening with a 1000 free listings offer open through to the 26th. Today is the 27th. Now they tell me? Anyone else get this tonight? I've never noticed a screw-up like this one before. Either the closing date is wrong, or somebody is slow on the draw.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Both me and my husband got it. I tried listing something hoping that I might get a "freebie", but no luck. I was happy for about 30 seconds

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Question for sellers who received the information about the promotion in their "my messages" on Tuesday January 27th, the day following the end of the promotion.

Did you also receive the matching email sent by eBay on January 21st at 8:00pm, the day prior to the start of the promotion?

Have you checked your email "junk" box, just to be sure?

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

1)  Did you also receive the matching email sent by eBay on January 21st at 8:00pm, the day prior to the start of the promotion?

2)  Have you checked your email "junk" box, just to be sure?

1)  Nope.  Nada, zero.  I think I've only had advance email notification once or twice over the past few months. 

2)  Yep, nothing there or anywhere else. 

According to Raphael a few days ago, I wasn't getting the advance emails because I didn't have my Preferences set up to receive eBay promotional material, yet I got the "after the fact" email.  Very, very odd indeed. 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Hi Pierre, yes I also rec'd the original emails for both my stores on January 21st. I rec'd the emails through my ISP and in my "My Messages". I then received the emails again in "My messages" on Jan. 27th.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

nope, nada.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

um ... of course. 🙂

Message 26 of 26
latest reply