Ebay defrauding their customers

Why does ebay try to defraud the sellers?

"If your item sells, you're charged a Final Value Fee. Except for motors and real estate categories, the Final Value Fee is a percentage of your final closing price. If your item doesn't sell, you won't need to pay this fee."

In my case i listed an item for months and a couple of people bid but never paid. Then finally i sell the item and ebay keeps charging me final value fee for the people who didn't pay. It clearly says 'if you item sells'  Selll means to get paid. Ebay know when it is paid because it connected with ebay. Funny ebay seems to know which customer which actually follow through too!

Ebay expects you provide a credit card for their fee. HA HA. They must be crazy. I already spend hours with support over this problem. Why should i pay 3 times final value fee for one item?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

ebay bills you when the item sells, not when you get paid as they have no way of knowing for sure if you got paid. To get your fees credited you either have to cancel a sale or file an unpaid item claim.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

A sale exists when there is a winning bid. Not collecting the money, on your part, is not eBay's problem. To avoid the fees, you need to file a UID (Unpaid Item Dispute). That gets you your fees back from the sale that was not completed.

You had three sales. You just did not tell eBay that two of them fell through due to lack of payment.

Not eBay's fault you are doing this wrong.

File the UIDs for the the other two sales, if it is not too late, and get your fees back.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Selll means to get paid.

Only in product retail, most services and business purchases the sale and payment are two events. Restaurants, hair saloons, post-paid phone and internet, utilities, business to business purchases.

You can enable unapid item assistant, it is 100% automated, you do not need to do anything, Ebay will file unpaid dispute and either buyer pays or you get fees back. Secondly, if this takes too long, you can just require immediate payment, which is a checkbox in the listing definition.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

They know because the system is connected to paypal.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Why should ebay assume that i am cheating the system and getting paid some other way? How would i get paid other than paypal?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

This is why you can not trust ebay system is a complete rip off.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Ebay is not assuming that you are cheating the system. For example, the buyer can pay cash when making a local pickup. Or the buyer can offer to send you payment through the mail ( you, as the seller may not ask for it. But the buyer can offer it).
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Did you file au ''Unpaid'' dispute ? 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Selll means to get paid

Whne a dealer sells vehicle it may not be paid for several years !

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

They sure are. How often does someone come and pay cash or send cash in the mail? That's just ridiculous but that is what we should all do if we are assumed to be doing it.

These buyers with only 1 feedback, how do i know ebay staff aren't putting out random bids to make money for the company? You'll notice that ebay seems to know who will pay or not because suddenly they are advising you to try a second chance offer.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Now look who's being ridiculous. I had a 16 year old collector buy and pay with cash. Because he wasn't old enough to have a Paypal account. I've had local people come to my house and pay cash for their items. And they were able to inspect the items at the same time. So yes, it does happen.

With the multi million transactions on eBay, do you really this that ebay staffers are bidding on items to bring prices up???
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I don't encourage pickups, but many sellers of large items like furniture or automobiles prefer it.

You'd be amazed how much bubblewrap you need for a grand piano. To say nothing of licking all those stamps.

Pickup is somewhat easier. Sellers are encouraged to demand cash on pickup and eBay has no objection.

And even with shipped items, while payment in cash is unusual,  International Postal Money Orders are welcomed by many sophisticated sellers, who know that they can be cashed on the spot at the PO.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply