Ebay hiding listings again or better yet, still

Listed an item on the 5th through Auctiva, shows in their active listings  and when I click on it, listing opens on Ebay

Go to Selling Manager Pro and the listing shows in active listings.

Now for the problems::

When I go to my store, the note does not show up under name or serial number.

When I search on Ebay by item number, nothing shows up.

When I search on Ebay by serial number, nothing shows up

I guess this is what others have called hiding your listings and then being unable to sell items!

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

When did you list it and then last check for it on ebay? 

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

I might be a good idea to let us know the serial number so we can see if we can see it.... sometimes I think the "owner" sees stuff last or later than others....
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

1999 $1.00 FRN Richmond District EE block Run 1 E34317119E UNC

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I found the one that ended on feb 4 but no sign of the relisted one...odd

Usually when someone can't see their listing there is an easy explanation but can't figure out an explanation in this case.

on an unrelated note....

When I search for 1999 $1.00 Richmond in coins and paper money, there are 4 results.  When I search for 1999 $1 Richmond in that same category, there are 12 results.  The second search show resullrs for listings with  $1 and $1.00 in the title so more people should see your other items if you used the shorter $1 in your titles.

(that's assuming that they are showing up at all)

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I searched on .com and .ca

using E34317119E no matches on either site
using Richmond District no matches on either site
using 1999 $1.00 FRN no matches on either site
using item number found on both sites

That is odd to say the least, not visible in any searches so far.....
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Is it possible there's a problem with the way Auctiva is communicating with eBay? I've never had missing listings but I've also never used a third-party tool to do my listings.
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Auctiva tells me it is very common for Ebay to hide listings and these types of posts are common on the US boards when seller's sales go up and down like a yoyo.

Then they find their listings are not visible

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Once Auctiva shows it as active, and and it shows up on Selling Manager I know it is on Ebay.

It is just not made visible and Ebay has been doing this for a while.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Auctiva tells me it is very common for Ebay to hide listings and these types of posts are common on the US boards when seller's sales go up and down like a yoyo.

Then they find their listings are not visible

Yet in most cases, other sellers can see the other sellers listing or else the seller has done something wrong like block North America.

There are times when listings don't show up but that is due to a technical error on eBay imo.  I dont think there is any reason for eBay to hide specific listings and I don't subscribe to that theory. There are many reasons why sales ebb and floe, just like in a brick and mortar store.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

They may not be hiding specific listings but listings from "Ontario" or "Canada" or certain areas.

I've always believed there is a randomizing factor that will periodically exclude some items from the searches.

Personally I think a random factor is good insasmuch as it prevents buyers from always seeing the same results to their searches.

Given the routine bursts of sales I have from USA or Canada or International (and international within countries) something favours my listings from time to time.... don't know what, given up trying to figure it out.

Keep us posted if it is visible tomorrow or later on. I'll try to remember to check again tomorrow.....
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Just remembered to retest today.

No change, however I got a lot more results for other sellers for the searches than I got yesterday...

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

ricarmic wrote:

Just remembered to retest today.

No change, however I got a lot more results for other sellers for the searches than I got yesterday...

I found this without a problem

Also found no problem

Again found without problem

Each time I used a standard Title search in all categories on .com

Then I tried the same search on .ca

E34317119E

Not found....this item does not ship to Canada!

Richmond District

Found

1999 $1.00 FRN

Found

So part of the problem is that you have listings which do not ship to Canada and therefore will not appear in a search on .ca. As far as the others go, well I'm finding them!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Search on .com

0 results for 391696345079

0 results for E34317119E

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

As a note, as far as I know one couldn't ever find an item by putting the item number in the search field.

How I find items by item number is open one of your items (or likely any item), and paste the item number you want to see on the end of the item listing http line, over-writing everything from the old item number on with your number. It looks odd but it works.....

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I've tried several different searches, and couldn't find this item anywhere: 

• Under item #391696345079 on .ca and on .com using the eBay general search box -- nothing; 
  • Under item #391696345079 on .ca and on .com using your Store "Search" box - nothing; 
  • Using "1999 $1.00 FRN Richmond District EE block" as a search string in eBay general search on both .ca and .com - I got one item of your at the top of the results that appears similar, but with a different Serial # (not the one you noted above), and 8 "related items of yours immediately below, but not the Serial # E34317119E;  
  • Using "1999 $1.00 FRN Richmond District EE block" in your Store search box on .com, the only item that appears has Serial #E83740115E, which is not the one you're looking for. 
  • Using the Serial #E34317119E and your Store search box on .com - nothing. 

I'm not sure where 'recped' found the "doesn't ship to Canada" notice -- I didn't see that in any of the searches I did. 

The fact that you can see item #391696345079 in your Active Listings means the data got from Auctiva to eBay.  All I can say is that I've used Auctiva for several years and have never -- not once -- had a posted listing not post properly to eBay.  So I'd conclude the problem must be on eBay, but exactly what it is or why it's happening, who knows?

You could try ending the item via your Active Listings, and see if that actually "takes".  If it does, you'll know eBay has the item data stored somewhere on its systems, just not visible for some reason.  You could then try re-posting it from Auctiva and see if you get a different result.  

One suggestion: before re-posting from Auctiva, double check your Item Specifics, shipping options, etc. and run Auctiva's "Error Check" on the listing before posting it, just in case.  By the way, was this a newly-drafted listing on Auctiva, or copied?  Auctiva has made a number of changes lately to their listing forms to comply with new eBay policies, so older listings have to be checked carefully if they're used as "templates". 

Lastly, I can say that as a buyer I have found listings disappearing on eBay -- whether this is deliberate or not on the part of eBay (the so-called "blackouts") I can't say.  I recall several instances where I was looking to re-purchase an item I'd bought previously and couldn't find it in a search, even though I knew it must still be there and the seller was still active!  In one case I finally had to find the seller's store and look through his listings to locate the item.  It was there, but wasn't showing up in the usual keyword searches.  Why that was is still a mystery to me.  But your situation seems different, because the item you mentioned really should show up using your store's search box.  

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

As a note, I can't remember dutchman if you're an anchor store or not but if you are, before you zap it and relist, I strongly suggest calling our special support folks.

I have called them a few times and they have been awesome.
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Last year Sept, (I tried to find my thread, no luck) all the listings that I listed on a particular day did not show up on .com or .ca.  I only found my question to Raphael on word that I had made up to ask on the Wed.  Ebay never did find out why.  

1. I was wondering if you have had enough time to investigate those listings that only are visible on the site that they were listed on.  It involves about 100 listings over both .com and .ca and I would like to get them relisted correctly.  Please let me know as soon as possible as it has been 2 weeks since they have been ghosts. 

I had to cancel the listings and then relist them correctly.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

No anchor store but this makes it even stranger.

When I go to selling manager pro and search for the serial number in active listings, it shows up.

When I click to open the listing, it says it says as below:

Your item is for sale
Listing info
Duration: Good 'till cancelled
Start time: Feb 05, 2017 21:03:13 EST

• Zoom
  • Enlarge

Have one to sell?Sell it yourself

Item condition:  
--

US $3.29
Approximately C $4.30
Buy It NowBuy It Now

Add to Watch list

Shipping:     Delivery: Payments: Returns:

Read item description or contact seller for details. 

|  See all shipping details

Item location: Lundbreck, Alberta, Canada
Ships to: United States

Varies

14 day money back, buyer pays return shipping | Read return policy details

eBay shield

NEW
Buyer Protection
eBay will cover your purchase price plus original shipping.

Find out more about the Top-rated seller program - opens in a new window or tab

100% Positive feedback
Get fast shipping and excellent service from eBay Top-rated sellers.

• Consistently receives highest buyers' ratings
  • Ships items quickly
  • Has earned a track record of excellent service

Visit store: Ebay Stores
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

see my last post with added info

Message 20 of 24
latest reply