Ebay says delivered, but delivery status says delivered to the country of destination

Good day everyone
So on August 26 I bought for the first time on ebay, everything went smooth and the seller send me tracking number on 28th, from russia to canada. I get first update on September 2:
Exported from the departure country
Next day it said it arrived in France. On September 4 I look in the morning, but still no update, as I came back from work, I look on ebay and it says: Your item as been delivered... Status now says delivered to the country of the destination since Monday Night. Ebay says delivery on September 4, it was not. Today Canada post didn't came nor yesterday, I'm starting to worry. Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay says delivered, but delivery status says delivered to the country of destination

Just got the item! impressed it arrived that quick... thank you everyone!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ebay says delivered, but delivery status says delivered to the country of destination

mcrlmn
Community Member

Pretty fast service from Russia. I'm skeptical already.

Canada Post delivered an eBay order to me on August 18... Canada Post tracking site stated it was delivered on August 11.

On several other occasions, I have checked Amazon transit status for order(s)... Canada Post has stated delivered; but has not.

Obviously no signatures were required.

Until it arrives, best you can do is wait until eBay's estimated delivery date expires, and open a claim on the next business day.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Delivered to country of destination is not delivered to your mailbox.

But obviously something is on its way to you.

I'm also impressed that shipping has been so fast from Russia.

Labour Day weekend aside, I'd allow a good 20 days for delivery before being concerned.

If your item is a parcel, and the carrier cannot deliver it because no one is home, you will get a Notice telling you where and when you can pick it up.

Usually that is your local Postal Outlet, 24 hours later. Bring identification.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Est. Delivery was Sept. 27 at first, until September 4 then it said it was delivered... Canada Post won't let me track, because of whatever reason, I can only track via Russian Post website, with last status being: Delivered to the country of the destination, it's impossible that it arrived in canada and it was delivered on the same day, but that's what ebay let me think of, what should I do?
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

So your saying that the Russian post shows dare liveried to Canada and eBay just states delivered?  Is it possible for you to post a screen shot of the tracking that eBay shows?

Its possible that eBay has just misunderstood what the Russian site shows since it sounds as if it is still in transit.  The tracking should show up up on the CP site once the package clears customs.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Canada Post won't let me track, because of whatever reason, I can only track via Russian Post website, with last status being: Delivered to the country of the destination,

There has been  a lively discussion about Registered international mail in the past week or so.

Basically the very old Registration service stops at the border. It is just not tracked after that.

Many sellers don't know, or want to know, that and continue to spend money on  useless service instead of one of the more modern computer-enabled services like ExpressPost International or Tracked Packet International .

(Those are Canada Post services. Some are cheaper than Registration, some are faster, some are more expensive.)

Nonetheless, for a buyer tracking is an expensive frill.

It is a Seller Protection at best.

If your item doesn't show up by the last estimated date eBay gave you on purchase, you can get a refund through the Resolution Centre.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

That's what I'm concerned of: EBay says it has been delivered on 4th, so no more of Est. Delivery date, I could indeed ask for a refund but as the tracking info stop at the airport on 4th as well... it just sounds like EBay messed up, that's why I'm asking.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Um. I hate to add unwarranted fuel to a fire but does any of this sound familiar to the OP? 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Russian-Scam-buyers-beware/td-p/340827

If yes, you might want to open your Item Not Received dispute sooner rather than later.

If not, then disregard with my apologies for stoking the flames.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Militaryfan is the seller, and it says he's from UK for some reason, no negative feedback except some that were complaining of expensive item or they bought 2 items and had to pay shipping for both, tracking number works everywhere I can track international package as well as on pochta.ru (russian post)
How good does this sounds?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Just got the item! impressed it arrived that quick... thank you everyone!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply