Excited to set up Commercial Account

So the end of next month I will be setting up my Commercial account with Canada post .. Due to the Recent price Hikes with  Commercial account I can send a movie that weighs 2-300 grams Expedited for only $2 then what I pay to ship lettermail ...

I am very excited for this big change and can only hope that Advertising Fast efficient and trackale shipping will make buyers still keep coming and hopefully this will not kill sales but Prompt buyers to Purchase Multiple items to Save big...

1 Movie 2-300 grams is just over $4

With Commercials account Expedited is just over $6

Which also gives me 100% protection sorda on all sales with tracking and insurance ...

I can only hope this works as good as I think ...

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Brandeen. That's interesting. Are there quotas or commitments that you have to meet with this tier?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Yes ...

License buinsess (obviously)

Min of 750 Parcel a year in Canada and for the discount to the US the Min is 100 a year

Then it just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper the more you do .. I am actually am not allowed to share all the details but with the Min of  750 parcels a year It cost me roughly $6.70 to send a movie EXpedited in which I would normally pay now in some cases up to $5 for basic lettermail....

The price excludes the more expensive places in Canada which for me is Terrortories and certain areas in BC and Alberta but with that said I am still saving somewhere between 25-35% ...

I did a mock up with the women taking care of my account and an Expedited PArcel that cost me Close to $9 with paypal only rang in at $6.70 with the commercial account ... I have spread sheets with actual details but I can not share it as it is illegal to share Those Sheets

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The only issue there is Time ... 1 label at a time through the Canada post website which take about 5 times as long as a paypal label but once I send to one person that person will be saved in my database and I would no longer have to enter all the buyers info the next time they buy ...

This is How amazon and future shop and all the big guys get the prices they do ...

Seeing as my offline wholesaling has exceed my ebay sales for over a year now I wanted to find a paypal discount alternative and I found it BIG TIME ...  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

The only problem is that they are not compatible with PayPal. I can't really enter all my data manually, because it takes too long. If they make it compatible, I will sign a contract next day.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pity that the requirment for min 750 parcels in Canada and 100 for USA!  For me it is opposite as I ship more to USA than Canada so I guess I cannot get that discount like you.  Darn!!

But I can try and talk to a person at Canada Post who has been helping me last year and see what she says.  I can try but who knew.  You never knew  until you try.  Right?   Good for you!  I am sure many of us want to have that lovely discount as the new rates increases by Canada Post this year is insane.  And morely I prefer to ship with tracking numbers, no more losing sleep and grief at any time.  What about International countries?  Pity that the rates to International countries are way too high even for Tracked Packet.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Congratulations, Brandee!!

I guess this gives us an idea of the parameters that Canada Post wants for businesses who are using them for deliveries. Our B&M meets those numbers pretty easily, but I don't think the boys have ever looked into it.

Mind you, our (philatelic) customers really like getting stamps on their packages. Especially those $5 and $8 ones. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:

The only issue there is Time ... 1 label at a time through the Canada post website which take about 5 times as long as a paypal label but once I send to one person that person will be saved in my database and I would no longer have to enter all the buyers info the next time they buy ...

As I understand it, Canada post will be slowly pushing all senders to buy postage through the online systems so the post office essentially becomes only a drop off point. If they have to manually process a package, you will get charged $2 extra for them to do it. (So I hear). I don't use any of the online systems today because I find using my own labels along with cut and paste from Paypal works the quickest for me. Also at this point, none of the customs forms require nearly the same amount of info as do the online forms. However it seems all that will change come the fall, myself included.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Pity that the requirment for min 750 parcels in Canada and 100 for USA!  For me it is opposite as I ship more to USA than Canada so I guess I cannot get that discount like you.  Darn!!

You can sign a contract for US small packets only. You can choose your level - the more you ship, the better discount you get.

I negotiated such contract with CP 2 years ago. I abandoned because the addresses and data are not transferable from PayPal. If they introduce a PayPal compatible software (like for example stamps.com), I will call them again and sign a contract. 

Remember, that you need to buy an expensive RS232 USB scale to be compatible with the CP system.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but I prefer to use Expedited or anything that are included tracking system.

As for having to buy an expensive RS232 USB scale to be compatible with the CP system, how much would that be?

I bought 2 highest quality postal scales and thought they would be sufficient?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Sweet free cp supplies!  manifest requirement for commercial lots, for 1 widget or a 1000..... made it difficult to impossible to counter retail drop,  had to switch to depot drop or arrange cp pickups.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

There is another on-line selling site that has a contract with CP.  Any size or weight box ships Expedited anywhere in Canada for $8.00.  The buyers on that site pay the shipping, the $8 is added on to their purchase. The site readies the label info & emails it as an attachment it to the seller, who prints it off and affixes it to the parcel.  No weighing and measuring, deciding on a shipping policy, receiving angry feedback, losing sales over shipping costs.  eBay has the means to negotiate a contract, but lacks the will.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply