'Expect International Mail Delays Due To Heightened Security'

Ebay USA made an official announcement about this but ebay Canada has not followed suit. One could speculate it's because Canadian outbound mail will somehow be miraculously spared delay but I suspect it's because we've been overlooked completely. Sellers who use Tracked Services are safe but those who don't stand to gain few Late Shipment Stains on their record. 

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-Extends-our-Deepest-Sympathy-to-All-Those-Affected-b...

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 9.53.10 PM.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Ebay USA made an official announcement about this but ebay Canada has not followed suit. One could speculate it's because Canadian outbound mail will somehow be miraculously spared delay but ...

As I read it: this announcement is for those using the Global Shipping Program.

The GSP intake centre for the UK  might be close enough to Manchester to have delays.

It does not apply to Canada since we don't have GSP for sellers.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Of interest to me is always how thorough Royal Mail is in describing postal problems as related to other countries. Cases in point: Canada and the USA. https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/related/1

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Ebay USA made an official announcement about this but ebay Canada has not followed suit. One could speculate it's because Canadian outbound mail will somehow be miraculously spared delay but ...

As I read it: this announcement is for those using the Global Shipping Program.

The GSP intake centre for the UK  might be close enough to Manchester to have delays.

It does not apply to Canada since we don't have GSP for sellers.

-..-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Oh, you're right. I somehow missed the part about it being Global Shipping Program-related even though it's right there, front and centre. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply