Expedited Parcel USA Shipping costs

I've been selling on ebay on and off for about 4 years now. I always ship expedited parcel - USA to the US. For a box roughly 20x20x10 it usually ended up $26-38 depending on where you lived in the states. In the last month i noticed my stuff hasn't been selling. Upon further inspection i noticed the shipping prices for expedited parcel - USA are sitting at the $50-$65 dollar range. No wonder my stuff isn't selling. Has postal prices really increased that much? No amount of me playing around with it seems to yield cheaper results. I feel i must be doing something wrong otherwise no one would be selling anything on ebay. Strangely enough Expedited Parcel - within Canada hasn't seem to changed.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

20x20x10 what?

We use cms and grams. What is your size and weight in metric. A whole lot easier to use and more precise.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If your using cheapest with tracking that's about it ? Otherwise increase selling price to reduce shipping costs just looks better, I would let noobs bid.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I was referring to inches but I've used both and it didn't change anything. I just can't believe how much more the shipping is now. Another weird fact is that I have two similar items that I listed back in the summer. The shipping cost on those two auctions is way cheaper even though the dimensions are the same.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I've noticed too that expedited to the U.S. seems quite a bit higher than it used to be.  For some of the larger packages, you might be better off using a courier like Fedex to the U.S.  I haven't used them in a couple of years but at that time they were less expensive than Canada Post for larger and/or heavier packages.

For items under 1 kg, CP tracked packet USA will likely be less than expedited.

As another poster suggested, quite a few Canadians sellers will use a flat rate and then put some of the shipping cost into the item cost as some buyers are very sensitive about shipping cost.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply