FYI - PayPal Shipping not sending Canada Post emails

I realize that this doesn't impact eBay shipping, since tracking information is automatically updated on their site, but on Oct. 18/16, I stopped receiving the 2 emails that are normally sent after purchasing my shipping labels on PayPal.

I just got off the phone with PayPal and they confirm that they will no longer be sending Canada Post emails, with the headers: Confirmation of Shipment Details and Ship Notification for Item. This also means that the Ship Notification for Item email, which includes tracking information, will no longer be sent to your customer. However, the Delivery Confirmation email will still be issued.

Their explanation is that their servers couldn't handle the load. And, their recommendation is that tracking numbers need to be forwarded to your customers manually.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Interesting. I'm still getting all the same emails on Canada Post Shipment as I have for the past few years: Confirmation of Shipment details when it's printed, Ship Notification for Item when it's taken to the postal counter, and Delivery Confirmation when it's done. Nothing has changed for me.  

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 10.01.51 AM.png

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I also noticed that I no longer get emails from Canada Post when packages are scanned at the depot.

All I can say is thank goodness.  I'm so tired of all the detritus clogging up my inbox.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

After reading that you are still receiving all the usual Canada Post emails, particularly after PayPal told me that they were officially no longer sending them, I decided to see if I could pinpoint the reason that I wasn't getting mine.

I now realize that last week, when I was unable to print my labels using PayPal's "classic" system, I had switched over to using their new (and soon to be only) option - this happened on the same day the emails from Canada Post stopped.

So, today after printing out 2 shipping labels using their new system, I tried printing my 3rd label using the "classic" method (it worked, after a week of not being able to access it) and sure enough that label, and only that label, generated both the missing emails from Canada Post. Another PayPal glitch or a glimpse into future, who knows?

I am not particularly sorry to lose this communication with Canada Post, but I just wanted to notify other sellers, who have relied on Canada Post's Ship Notification emails to send customers their tracking numbers, that this service may not be available.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Oh, even more interesting. I haven't been using the 'new' label experience because it doesn't give me enough room to send a message to my buyer. Thank you for digging deeper. This certainly explains the discrepancy.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply