Finally, a GOOD announcement!

I always cringe these days when I see there is a message from eBay in my inbox.  However, this morning I found one that was finally a positive move on the part of eBay: 

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2015/10/05/7721/

I know many might complain that these higher levels of free listings will swamp the site, but so be it.  I think a lot of sellers have been taking full and constant advantage of the promos, so this move makes real sense.  

Since my sell-through rate has dropped, it seems that the only way to increase sales these days is to increase the number of listings. Some may say that eBay is just addressing a problem that it created itself -- which may be true, but I'm happy to give credit where credit is due...Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Whoops -- looks like 'pj' beat me to it, sorry!  In my excitement I didn't notice. Woman LOL

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Good-News-Monthly-Allotment-Increased/m-p/314965#U314965

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I agree with you Rose.  The more free listings the better.  I would rather wade through a lot of goods then only a few.  Besides anyone who is good at hunting can narrow their search through tools available to them.  The only downside I see is Ebay purposely hiding listings or making them skewed depending on algorithms they use for best match.  In their quest to reward only the best sellers and their listings,  Ebay is also limiting their overall sales potential.  But they already know that, as they wanted to create the perfect buyer experience.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It doesn't work.  I have over 1,300 listings and still limp around with about 30 sales a month.  I tried 15% off sales, it did not bring a single sale.  I dropped to 25% off and I got 2 sales.  I then moved over 150 listings to Auction format and got one very small sale.

All of them with the exception of a few ended with single digit lookers (even the 10 day auctions).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply