Finally got scammed with my sunglasses

HI all, I just received my 4 pairs of sunglasses by the guy who gives me a bad feedback saying my sunglasses are fake.

I sent him 4 pairs of 112/19 Silver frame, Green Lens mirror sunglasses.

Today, I received 3 pairs of Silver frame, Silver Lens mirror sunglasses and one pair of Silver frame G-15 Lens. 

3 pairs are used with many scratches, 1 pair is new but we can see right now that they are complete fake cheap garbage.

What can I do?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

He gives 3 negative feedbacks to the same seller in a different amount of time for a total of 5 negatives feedback all on Ray ban sunglasses (3 different sellers including me). That seller has only 4 negative feedback overall. and he is not a registred user anymore. The scammer completely kills this seller.. What a shame!!! 

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I would like to thank you ''I.am.vivian'' and especially ''Raphael''. I got my negative feedback removed by contacting him. It's go great.. I am very happy!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Here is a second picture which Ray Ban in the right lens is erased in part and the sticker is completely fake. They do not comes with that sticker.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Contact raphael@ebay.com (weekly session host) and give links to your other topic where you said you knew you would be scammed and to this topic. He might be able to have Trust and Safety look at this and help you. This happened once in the past where a seller got scammed with only a partial amount being returned of a lot of jewellery items and the seller posted from the start of the return that hey knew they would be scammed.

raphael cannot do anything about it other than to maybe get the issue looked at by Trust and Safety more closely instead of some clueless CSR in the Philippines.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Negative-feedback-afeter-a-listing-removed/m-p/352101#M6...

This is one of the most obvious cases of fraud I have seen.  Like we saw from your other thread the buyer is a competitor who sells a similar item only cheap fakes so he found a way to get some authentic ones for free: steal yours.   You will have to take this to real people and not let the system run its course.   EBay policy forbids users to pull scams and leave negs to hurt other sellers.  Why did you not get that negative removed?  Maybe that will happen now since no one should be able to steal from a competitor and ruin a seller.  Their policy says these kinds of negs can be removed so eBay should stand by it. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I called eBay customer service.

They say that they cannot really do anything about it as they only can see the action on the website not what is going on elsewhere.

But they allow me 6 business days to contact the buyer and ask him why he sends me another sunglasses than mine. I will also need to include pictures of what I receive and to wait his answer. Then, call them back after I got an answer and they will look at it.

At least, they don't take the buyer part now even if my listing has been removed. I cannot report the buyer because of that. I will send him a message but will probably get screwed anyway.

I waited to receive those sunglasses before relisting my other sunglasses and right now I am not sure to relist it. 

Thanks ebay. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I hope that things work out but unfortunately in a he said/she said scenario eBay usually takes the side of the buyer as they don't know for sure what was sent to the buyer and what you received back.  But you never know, they may react differently in this case.  I have read on the US boards that if you file a police report then eBay is more likely to believe you.  The police are not going to do anything but the police report number coulld be helpful as it might make ebay take your claim more seriously. 

I don't think many of us here have experience with this type of thing so you might want to ask for more opinions/advice on the .com selling board.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much you can do , you cant now prove what was sent or returned.

You can file a complaint of abuse of return policy, but wont get your $$ or product back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like ebay is scammer paradise. 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Any retail store whether it be a brick and mortar location or online will have some losses due to faulty returns and shoplifting.  I think that the actually percentage of buyer scams here is fairly low.  Of course we hear about those more often because we don't post every time we have a good experience.

Obviously when it does happen, it hurts.  Some sellers do fight back and win, that's why I suggested posting on the other board.   whenever you do fight rather than just refund within the time given, there is a chance of getting an unresolved claim defect so we do have to pick our fights carefully.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@platinumsells wrote:

HI all, I just received my 4 pairs of sunglasses by the guy who gives me a bad feedback saying my sunglasses are fake.

I sent him 4 pairs of 112/19 Silver frame, Green Lens mirror sunglasses.

Today, I received 3 pairs of Silver frame, Silver Lens mirror sunglasses and one pair of Silver frame G-15 Lens. 

3 pairs are used with many scratches, 1 pair is new but we can see right now that they are complete fake cheap garbage.

What can I do?

I'm so sorry that this happened to you.  I've had a few scammers over the years but the dollar value is not even close to what you've experienced.

I'm still not clear as to whether you have the serial numbers recorded or photographed.  I would think that that would help your case.  And I've read from time to time that a police report case number can also be helpful, at least in terms of eBay taking your complaint a little more seriously.  Hopefully yours is not the only complaint against this person. If eBay can determine that similar complaints have been lodged against this buyer/seller, you might have a chance of getting your money back.

Please keep us posted.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I am buying on ebay since 2008, selling a few things since 2009. I really started to sell more things in 2015, especially this year in 2016. I didn't even know that it could be possible for this kind of things to happens. You will be notified Canadian Sellers that it can happens also to us anytime. Please be careful guys and for myself, I will be more careful in the future for sure.

I tried to make that guy talks but he is a smart scammer who knows how it works to get his things free.

Now I just need to contact customer service but I will probably lose. I will ask for the neg removed at least, I think this is the only thing that will be possible.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

You said that you have serial numbers on yours .Add the pictures of yours with the number and what you received on the side .Hope this will help.Good luck

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I finally contacted ebay after receiving another message from the buyer saying that I am a scammer. Finally, I have to refund him otherwise they will do it. 

Pictures of serial number will completely not change anything at all. I asked them to check my conversation with him and they do NOTHING.

For the feedback, as the feedback is not adressing to me as the seller but it's claiming that the product is fake so it's more adressed to the manufacture.. This make a legit feedback. Even if the buyer have Ray Ban selling feedback, it's not about competition, it's about the product. So, they will NOT remove it.

With this feedback I am at a super low CSR rating as he probably gave me 1 star on each thing.. and really don't know if I will can do business a lot more on ebay. Only at 4.4 on item as described.. This sounds very **bleep**ty isn't it?

Thanks for your advice guys.. but there is nothing that could change that situation.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

What did Raphael say when you presented your situation to him?  He runs the Weekly Board Hour

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

He will probably say there is nothing he can do either and it is unfortunate that eBay has such a "scammer friendly" policy where they always side with a buyer even if it is really clear that buyer is scamming.  EBay policy says people are not allowed to buy then leave bad feedback to hurt a competing seller.  That's exactly what this one obviously did.  People are also not allowed to buy and then swap fakes for real items to sell.  You need to make sure all the FACTS show that this is what the other user is doing.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

The problem is that eBay does not know the facts, they only know what the buyer and seller are saying.  eBay was not there to see what the buyer received and what the seller received back.  There can be serial numbers galore available to see but that doesn't mean those items were what the buyer received,  I do believe the seller in this case but it really is a judgement call and in those situations eBay tends to side with the buyer,

As mentioned earlier, there are things that a seller can do ...such as file a police report....to make eBay more likely to believe them.   I don't know how often that works but apparently it does work at times.  I don't really know what the solution is in cases likes these as it really is  a he said she said scenario.  It is sad that situations like this do happen.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

WOW.. I completely forgot to look at the feedback he gives to other member. In the last year, I am not the only one that he does that. He gives 3 feedbacks to Ray Ban sellers saying they are selling fake. I should look that before I sell sunglasses to him. 

I will call back ebay for sure with this situation.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

He gives 3 negative feedbacks to the same seller in a different amount of time for a total of 5 negatives feedback all on Ray ban sunglasses (3 different sellers including me). That seller has only 4 negative feedback overall. and he is not a registred user anymore. The scammer completely kills this seller.. What a shame!!! 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I would like to thank you ''I.am.vivian'' and especially ''Raphael''. I got my negative feedback removed by contacting him. It's go great.. I am very happy!!!!!!!!

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Also thank you to ''pocomocomputing''. Because this is you giving me the advice to contact Raphael. And I.Am.Vivian that keeping the information about contacting Raphael. I would never do that.. but because of you two I tried and it was the best idea!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply