First time seller

ca_noble
Community Member

As a first time user, can I sell just one item? Do I have to sell 25 items before I am paid?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

First time seller

Assuming you're taking your payment using paypal, I don't believe there is a minimum amount, but there will be a $0.50 fee for an amount below $150. So as an example, if you have $10 in your paypal account and you withdraw it, you will only get $9.50.

Chris

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

First time seller

Also, as a new seller, your funds may be on hold for 21 days.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

First time seller

*Disregard this*

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

First time seller

Are you asking whether you will be paid by the buyer, or get access to your funds from Paypal?  The answers (if you're selling just one item) are yes to the first, and no to the second. 

Your buyer will pay you, the funds will go into your Paypal account, but you will find there is a 21-day hold on those funds if you're a new seller.  Once you are permitted to withdraw the funds from Paypal, you will pay a $0.50 fee for any amount under $150 US, as mentioned in the post above.  This will be deducted by Paypal from the funds being transferred. 

Always keep in mind that, strictly speaking, the buyer's money isn't yours until all your obligations as a seller are completed.  Even if you're past the 21 days, you might want to leave the funds in Paypal in case a claim is made and a refund is required.

Actually, whether you sell 1 item or 25 right now doesn't matter - you would still have a hold imposed on your funds until you meet all the requirements for new sellers.  There are several factors involved that determine when the 21-day hold no longer applies.  Review the Seller Information Centre under the "Sell" tab on any eBay page for details on new seller restrictions. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

First time seller

And here's the link to the page that sets out eBay's limits for sellers.  These are apart from the 21-day hold Paypal will place on your funds. 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

You'll see there are different types of limits on eBay.  I often see on these boards that new sellers run up against the "Category" limit.  For example, if you try to sell 25 Chanel handbags all at once as a new seller, you'll probably find you're limited in how many you're permitted to list during a given month. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

First time seller

Hi! How do I know my account balance with eBay ?.
As new seller so! I don't go over the limit ?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

First time seller

Zombie thread

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

First time seller

You can click on Selling in the drop down menu under My EBay.

But if you go over the number or value that you are restricted to, your next listing won't upload.

BTW- keep a copy of your own pictures and of your descriptions as files on your desktop. You will be ready for your next listing of that item.

Unsold Fixed Price Listings will relist automatically after 30 days.

Unsold Auction listings will go to your Unsold Items list.

The problem with ZOMBIE THREADS is that the information in them may be out of date or incorrect.  (Like some of the Paypal info in this thread.)

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

First time seller

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 10 of 10
latest reply