Flaker

robins_d
Community Member
I had a buyer end my item's auction by choosing "Buy it Now" with several people close to my reserve price and then flake on the purchase. Is there no way to leave this person negative feedback? They potentially ruined my sale and then caused over a week of delays as I tried to resolve the issue.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Flaker

That's the way she goes.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Flaker

I learned the hard way too. Part of your PayPal set up includes a thing that if someone buys it now they have to pay right away. I have it set up that way now. If you can find out how to do that you should be fine. It's where you choose how you want to be paid, your shipping and your returns.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Flaker

All you can do is file unpaid case after 4 days buyers do get kicked off ebay for too many unpaid case  ..

FYI you can only use immediate payment on buy now listings not with auction and buy now ...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Flaker

You can also set up your Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders who do not have active Paypal accounts.

However, this does include a lot of new members who just haven't completed the setup and of course, new buyers are the ones who get excited and buy like they've never shopped before.

About that Reserve, since your opening price is a Reserve of sorts (no one can bid below it) why not drop it and put your opening at the lowest price you can comfortably accept? Many bidders will pass a good listing by because they dislike the game-playing of reserves.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply