Free Auction listings Sept 12-18

Just received an invite in my email. Although auctions don't work for me. 😞

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@gillian1023 wrote:

Just received an invite in my email. Although auctions don't work for me. 😞

Auctions suck! The only thing that ever sells for me under auction format is with that 30% spread putting my open bid price at a "Give the freaking thing away" price level. I can't remember the last time I actually had more than one person bidding on anything.Now it's pretty much one bid at the open price at the very last minute. BS!

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

By Invite Only!

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes!!  I hate those wordings: "by invite only"!  Hope I get mine soon, if not, darn!!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it!  The auctions really work for me so well.  I have about 1/2 auction and other 1/2 fixed-priced format auctions, both work excellent for me than last year!!

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

Got the invite. Wish I had the time 😞

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Yay, I got the invite! Smiley Wink

Now I can relist my books again... doubt I'd have another huge sale again like a couple days ago, but if I don't list I would get nothing for sure.

For whoever curious about how/when people got the notification, I got an e-mail for both accounts at 4:40pm PST. No ebay message for this account so far. The spare account I haven't logged in for 2 years. 

Also, please note that this promotion is only applicable to 5, 7, and 10 days auction listings. To make the best out of these auctions, list 5 days on August 12... and they will end on the 17th. Then relist 10 days. 

What is the promotion?

Invited sellers who create a listing in the auction-style format or auction-style with Buy It Now format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item listed and no additional fee for adding 10-day Duration or a Subtitle to these listings ("Promotion") for up to 500 listings per day, a total of 3,500 listings over 7 days, during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the monthly insertion fee promotion, and/or any other insertion fees that are included as part of your Store subscription.

5, 7, and 10-day listing durations are included in this Promotion. The Promotion does not apply to final value fees or optional upgrade fees.  Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax.  Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Now I just realized that I said August 12... I obviously meant September 12. August has been stuck in my head due to work related issues.

So let me rephrase: list now (sept 12) for 5 days, then relist 10 days on sept 17/18.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I was not invited this time.

Second consecutive "invitational promotion" where eBay skips my name!  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I guess being in the same category as Pierre will have to serve as my silver lining 🙂

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

check your seller central or all selling as I never got an invite or email on 1 ID but it shows in selling manager as active.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Checking "Selling Manager" is the FIRST thing I do when a promotion is announced as we all know we cannot depend on eBay to advise sellers of a promotion, more so for "legacy members" (Canadians registered on eBay.com more than ten years ago).

Staff at eBay.ca has acknowledged there is a communication problem in this regard.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I'm not a legacy member and rarely get notified when I do qualify.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I find that since eBay began offering the 3 time automatic re-list feature, I'm not as dependent on the promotions.

However, because I list primarily in the Health and Beauty category, I do not get any free fixed price listings.  So because the 30% differential between auction and fixed price doesn't work for me, I still list quite a few BIN's.  But I don't really mind because 30 cents will buy me three months.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Got It, & Wow, actually received an email this time.

First time I received an email invite in ages.

Not too excited as I am Averaging a 3.2 % turn on Auction Promos since the New Year.

Could not reply to the other post PJ, but was playing soccer all summer & counting the nickels made on eBay the last ten weeks.

Season ended tonight & put it this way, no one could accuse us of using Performance Enhancing Drugs.

Half of our players remind me of the basketball scene in " One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest."

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

@bb_cool_stuff wrote:

Got It, & Wow, actually received an email this time.

First time I received an email invite in ages.

Not too excited as I am Averaging a 3.2 % turn on Auction Promos since the New Year.

Could not reply to the other post PJ, but was playing soccer all summer & counting the nickels made on eBay the last ten weeks.

Season ended tonight & put it this way, no one could accuse us of using Performance Enhancing Drugs.

Half of our players remind me of the basketball scene in " One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest."

LOL

I was in the Peg a couple of weeks ago. I think I saw your team playing!

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

I find that since eBay began offering the 3 time automatic re-list feature, I'm not as dependent on the promotions.

However, because I list primarily in the Health and Beauty category, I do not get any free fixed price listings.  So because the 30% differential between auction and fixed price doesn't work for me, I still list quite a few BIN's.  But I don't really mind because 30 cents will buy me three months.

I'm more or less in the same boat -- usually most of the categories I list in are restricted when there is a fixed price promo.  However, I try to make some use, however limited, of the free auction promos with BIN when they're offered to me, as I don't want eBay to stop inviting me to the party. Woman Very Happy

Like you, I've been thrilled to have 120 days of listing for $0.20 (store listing fee).  I'm finding that most of those seem to come up with the 3-time auto-list feature even the second time around.  I don't know whether most sellers are seeing this now, or if it's offered to certain sellers based on performance (it's certainly not based on volume in my case), but I'm happy to have it.  Anything helps these days to reduce costs.

As for the current promo, I'm going to do what I did last time -- even though I generally don't like auctions, I run a dozen or so when I can on a promo to hopefully bring buyers to look at my other items.  Essentially I consider auctions now as loss leaders and marketing tools.  Whatever -- I'll take anything eBay is giving out for free these days!

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@bb_cool_stuff wrote:

bb, you are TOO funny!!  But I'll bet you had fun, despite falling all over each other?

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to admit that this kind of free listings promo really suck!  We can post or relist up to 500 per day.   I have done 500/500 per day and then have to twirl my thumbs until the next day when in fact I need to post or relist more than that and be done with and I can do other things. 

But no eBay prefers to take control of our lives and wreck havoc on our schedules.  I will be out of the city all day on Wednesday and would like to post or relist more before I am out but no eBay don't allow it after I am done with 500/500. 

I wish eBay would not give us that limits of how many we can post or relist per day like this promo this week.  Sigh!

Message 19 of 19
latest reply