Free Lisings Bug

I started using the free eBay (invitation only) free listings tonight.

The first 30 to 40 listings had no fees.

After that, listed more items and was charged $46.80 for insertion fees.

Called eBay.

After 25 minutes, I was told that I qualify for free listings and should not have been charged.

I am now on hold - no listings unless one at a time - until they call back.  (I have 9800 items to list)

So, beware and make sure you are not being charged insertion fees.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Free Lisings Bug

I had a similar problem occur last invitation only promo  but it was with the 10 day listing charge. It was supposed to be free and  I was charged

I caught it after my first listing  and spoke to ebay

Took talking to 2 agents over a 2 day period and then another 24 hour wait before they determined that I would get the listing fees back but after the monthly billing period was over  They did give me the one fee back right away

I told them I would not use it because I was not willing to have to pay the fees when they were due and  then have to wait for them to be refunded later on

so far I have listed 25 items on this one and no problem but will keep an eye out for the next batch of listings put on

weavers

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

I was on the phone with eBay for 25 minutes last night.

As of this morning, I am still getting charged so their "technical" people have not found the problem.

This is happening on 7 day listings.  So far, I have been charged over $47.00.

I am missing out on a lot of listing time.  I usually list for seven days and then have time to relist for 10 days on a promotion of this type.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

I'm trying use SYI, on dot com it work free, on dot ca is not free. Didn't list any as I want to list on dot ca.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Seems that this was my fault.  Didn't realize that - for the first time that I can remember - free listings were on eBay.com - not eBay.ca - usually, they are on both.

That doesn't explain why the person I talked to said that I should not have been charged and told me to continue listing. 

It also does not explain why the first 20 or 30 listings were shown as no charge (even though I have used my 50 free listings for the month on both .com and .ca) 

I called again this morning and was told that I would get a credit for the listings that I was charged for yesterday.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

No, it is NOT your fault.

eBay screwed up (again!)

I have the same problem.  I relisted a bunch of items on eBay.cafr yesterday (no charge) until they started charging $0.25 per listing.  That is when I realized the earlier "free" listings came from my regular monthly allotment of 150 for a store, not the "free listing" promotion.

The problem is only with listings on eBay.ca and eBay.cafr.  "free" listings work fine on eBay.com.

The promotion clearly spells out that listings on eBay.ca are eligible for the "free" listings:

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2014/0416/25KAuctionCV.html

"For listings on www.ebay.ca, the Promotion will begin on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Saturday, April 26, 2014, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the “Promotion Period”)."

No, I have not bothered to call eBay.  I am tired of their constant technical problems.  They should be aware of them and fix them instead of depending on members to  call and waste our time.  eBay.ca staffers have to take responsibility from time to time when things go wrong.

My solution is simple - I will not list until next month or until they acknowledge and fix the problem.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

By the way, is there anyone here - invited to the promotion - listing on eBay.ca and getting free listings on the promotion (not part of their regular free listing allotment)?

In other words, is the problem affecting all Canadian sellers invited to the promotion or just a few?

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

@puckstopshere wrote:

Seems that this was my fault.  Didn't realize that - for the first time that I can remember - free listings were on eBay.com - not eBay.ca - usually, they are on both.

That doesn't explain why the person I talked to said that I should not have been charged and told me to continue listing. 

It also does not explain why the first 20 or 30 listings were shown as no charge (even though I have used my 50 free listings for the month on both .com and .ca) 

Is your free listings offer the: Pay no insertion fees on 25,000 auction-style listing (April 16-26)

With that one I have listed on both .ca and .com with no fees. All were 5 day auctions though.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

"I have listed on both .ca and .com with no fees"

Did the "free listings" on eBay.ca come from your regular monthly allotment of "free listings" or from the promotion?

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Just did two 5-day auctions on eBay.ca and they were free -- charged against Pay no insertion fees on 25,000 auction-style listing - not against my free allotment.

Received my invite via email, not through the eBay message system.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Yes, I was invited for the free 25,000 listings and when I listed (over 300) I did not get charged.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

"when I listed (over 300)"

Was that on eBay.ca or eBay,com?

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

For This Promotion it says it is for both ,ca and .com

This Promotion will begin on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second),  and will end on Saturday, April 26, 2014,  at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.ca. For listings  on www.ebay.com, the Promotion  will begin on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at  00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Saturday, April 26, 2014, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds)  (the “Promotion Period”).

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

I listed some auctions the first day of the promotion. I used Send to Auction for the most part from Fixed Price but a few were new auction from UnSold I converted to auction. My active auctions are 17 and I have eBay.ca 6 and eBay.com 11 listed in the My eBay promos counters. So apparently none of my 50 free were used as the auctions add up. I had no auctions running before the promo.

So no issues.

Promo showed up in My eBay promotions and I do not remember any eBay email or messages announcing it. I found out about the promo from a post here before it started and was ready to list if it showed in My eBay promos.

All were 5 day auction with no BIN option.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

@pierrelebel wrote:

By the way, is there anyone here - invited to the promotion - listing on eBay.ca and getting free listings on the promotion (not part of their regular free listing allotment)?

In other words, is the problem affecting all Canadian sellers invited to the promotion or just a few?

I was not invited via email nor ebay messaging to the promotion, but was eligible according to my seller manager page.

I have been listing many postcards using the SYI page on ebay.ca without being charged any insertion fees.  I had previously used up my monthly allotment of 50 free listings prior to the promotion.

I also did a bulk relisting of many previously unsold listings without being charged (on both ebay.com and ebay.ca).

So all in all, ebay's accounting system is working fine for me.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Thank you for your post.  Your message confirms that the "bug" is not universal but only affect specific sellers.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

I just listed 47 and they showed up under the 25000 Free auction style  Listings that started on Apr 16 . I still have 44 left of my monthly free allotment of 50 free, so it seems to have worked OK here.

I listed with Turbo Lister and all were 7 day auction

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

addenum to my previous post - they were all on .ca

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

I got the promotion notice in my email, but I have still not received it in the normal eBay message system. And I have been listing with no insertion fees without any problems, using the 10-day listing option. 

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

I'm having the same problem, except both sites are eligible except I only need it for .ca, I do minimal business through .com. Why would it be a difference? I know multiple people who have received the promo through both sites.  I called eBay had they had no clue what I was talking about. This site is a joke, sad but true. Don't give promos to Canadians accounts if it doesn't apply to us

Message 20 of 30
latest reply