Free Lisings Bug

I started using the free eBay (invitation only) free listings tonight.

The first 30 to 40 listings had no fees.

After that, listed more items and was charged $46.80 for insertion fees.

Called eBay.

After 25 minutes, I was told that I qualify for free listings and should not have been charged.

I am now on hold - no listings unless one at a time - until they call back.  (I have 9800 items to list)

So, beware and make sure you are not being charged insertion fees.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Free Lisings Bug

Contacted eBay again talked to 5 different people and to no avail. No one can figure out what the problem is. They said there was a revision with is completely false since, I have multiple screen shots of peoples account which has the promotion on both sites. It's just sad that a mulit-billion dollar company can have this poor customer service.
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Relisted 8 seven day auction listings this morning on eBay.com all showing "free listing" and all correctly accounted under the promotion when checking Selling Manager.

Attempted to relist one seven day auction listing on eBay.cafr and eBay still wanted $0.25 for it.  I hit the back button.

So, the promotion started April 16th.  We are now in the fifth day of the promotion and the "bug" has not been fixed yet.

No, I will not waste my time contacting "support" and get more frustrated. Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Tried again this morning: same results.

Works OK on eBay.com

Does NOT work on eBay.ca eBay.cafr

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

eBay.ca country manager addressed the issue today (Weekly Board Hour).  His comments:

"I am very sorry that this happened to Canadian sellers. It is obviously not the experience we want.

Not sure why this promotion went wrong yet. It has been a long time since we had a "defect" like this in a seller promotion, and I hope it is even longer before we see a recurrence."

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

I got hit with this as well, accepted the offer and read the details page that mentions listings on .com AND .ca

I listed 670 Auctions on .ca and noticed I was charged for all of them (except 150).

I called eBay last week, explained the situation and was told they understood the confusion and would credit me for the listing fees, they would not give me back my 150 "free" Store listings that got used.

I let a few days go by but no credit is showing, just got off the phone, they see the detailed notes and will try again to issue the credits (I'm expecting a call back any minute).

I have to say, the reps understood the issue, were pleasant about it and did make the call backs as promised. Unfortunately the important part, the actual credits have yet to appear.

Because I list in Media that has shipping caps on .com and because my listing software is not really suitable for listing on multiple sites this particular promo hasn't been too good for me. I hope this isn't the way future promos will be run, If it is I hope at least that they can make it clearer that only particular sites qualify.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Update.......

Just got the call back from eBay and my account has actually been adjusted.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Just curious....is there any way to make it so I get an invite to these sorts of promotions...?  I'm feelin' sorta left out.

Plus, I'd love to spend the day listing stuff but I'm all out of freebies for the month.  😞

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Since you have a non-store account, you get 50 free listings on bother eBay.ca and eBay.com for a total of 100 listings per month.

Do you use eBay.com 50 free? Shipping on eBay.com does not have Canada Post shipping options so you use generic flat rate shipping option like domestic Shipping from Outside the USA for shipping within the USA and Standard International shipping for Canada and the rest of the world (two separate shipping options).

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

Thanks for the info!  I wasn't aware that I could also use 50 listings on eBay.com.  I have just tried to do it and it defaulted to eBay.ca and charged me a listing fee.  Is there a technique to using the .com listings that I'm not doing?
Thanks again for the valuable information.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Free Lisings Bug

"Is there a technique to using the .com listings that I'm not doing?"

Message 30 of 30
latest reply