GET THIS!!!...

I have been with EBay and PayPal for 7 years...I believe I deserve some answers and respect...Not once but TWICE in less than 4 months PayPal/EBay gives buyers back there monies from a fairly large transaction...the FIRST being a clear case of buyers remorse! And the SECOND being for theft of the very same diamond earrings!!! My grandmothers that I was only selling to help out me and my boys! The first time at least I got my earrings back...this time this One gets my grandmothers earrings AND her money back!!!! I've been with PayPal since 2007 and her since last year with 5 feedback! PayPal says my "options" are to take it outside PayPal and sue her in small claims & press charges...how can that be my "options" when I can not do either one?! She is in the USA & I am in CANADA ...NO JURISDICTION! What's worse is she almost convicts herself in one of the emails she sends to me!!!...BUT THEY STILL CHOSE HER SIDE...I just sold my two ct diamond ring prior & my wedding set right after and no problems...All she had to do is go down and get a police report 10 DAYS AFTER opening the claim and ONLY PAYPAL had to PHONE her and TELL her to do it?????!!! BEWARE SELLERS EBAY & PAYPAL ARE NOT PROTECTING YOU AGAINST ANYTHING AS THEY CLAIM TOO! Their systems and policies are in a loop process...one will blame the other and they can not help you. Their policies do not pertain to this YOUR PARTICULAR situation EVERY TIME SOMETHING HAPPENS & very time you call in regarding a "policy" or "procedure" you get a completely different answer! Even their own "Policies" contradict themselves! I need some answers from someone! I'm out over $2000 in 4 months AND My grandmothers diamond earrings!!
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

GET THIS!!!...

sssuper........... if you're still around at all, I'm wondering if you know what was in the police report??

That is:  Can anyone just drop into a Police Station and fill out a report with no proof or evidence that an item was stolen or never shipped?

Is that all it takes to get a refund from the ebay/paypal duo?

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

GET THIS!!!...

Yes anyone can drop in to a Police Station and file a report. They just have to understand that when you sign your name to the report you are opening yourself up to SERIOUS criminal charges if you are lying (Obstruction of Justice, Perjury and other offences).

eBay takes the attitude that while you might lie to them on the phone where there are no repercussions you won't lie on an official police report.

Not sure what eBay would do if both parties filed police reports, probably just give both parties their money back and consider it a no fault transaction.

Online I found a Q&A for this false police report question (Ontario), might not be the definitive answer but given the source and the detailed answer I'd say it's very credible.

http://www.justanswer.com/canada-law/5gwaw-province-ontario-if-false-statement-made-police.html

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 42 of 50
latest reply

GET THIS!!!...

Your absolutely right - a police report is effectively considered an Affidavit, sworn testimony, etc., and is treated as such by the Courts.  I say this from many years of working in civil litigation, where the police report was always one of the primary pieces of evidence adduced at trial.  It is taken very seriously, and if a report is proven to be false, it can result in jail time in some cases.

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

GET THIS!!!...

Since there is no reasonable solution, I'm surprised they allowed the report to be filed.

I recently had an item go missing which showed up in an auction and no one wanted anything to do with it because when it comes to missing mail, it's just not possible to pinpoint what went wrong.  

I found that filing a report was not something I was able to do because no one wanted to spend the time on a case that could never be solved.

I have to wonder why this case was treated differently.

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

GET THIS!!!...

Sooo Now PayPal is informed that the PO office will not entertain my claim unless they get a letter from the buyer stating she never got the earrings! ...(like that is going to happen)so now PayPal has given her my money, my earrings and helped her to get away with it and I have ABSOLUTELY NO RECOURSE!! Can't sue her, can't charge her and I don't get any insurance because of her! And PayPal is letting this happen! After numerous reps from both PayPal and EBay "GUARANTEED" me that I would win this case and not to worry! Actually just the other day ️Jane Ebay - 727718 -states: PayPal will NOT give the buyer my monies.
Once a case is open either in PayPal or EBay, EBay will be the one investigating and if I provide the "tracking number" information and only use my Ebay account messages for correspondence (so they can see them). EBay will close the case in my favor. She assured me that she will be siding with me or the case will be closed in my favor! And PayPal will put the money back in my account from Ebay.

When I asked her: quote: How to avoid "Empty Box" - she stated " put on buyer requirements" (which mine are) and As she said several times. Quote:"Ebay will be refunding you the FULL AMOUNT through your PayPal account or your Ebay account if you don't have a PayPal account. The full amount included selling fees, shipping and the sales amount. I will be be protected 3 ways, seller protection, money back guarantee and ebay guarantee."

When Jane was asked: What if she gets a police report?!
Jane and I quote:"That will not be allowed, because all she can claim is the box was received. But I have a tracking information that says I shipped it. I do not have to worry about that!" She guarantees that I will get my money back...quote:"Ebay will be protecting me from those type of buyers. Since you are a good client we would protect you! And she Guarantees me that I will get my money back!
We don't want you closing your account just because of one buyer!".

She states: "the buyer looks like a fraud buyer! She assured me she would be reporting this buyer and I will get my money back! And Not to worry I'm insured with EBay!"

When I asked her: Why does it say that if you pay through PayPal your only option is to open a PayPal claim! So why are reps from both sides insisting "it depends on WHERE you open your claim EBAY or PAYPAL!" She could not answer!

Really sellers beware this is what your gonna get, policies that are not being followed and lies from EBay and PayPal!

Ps. I just was a buyer in a case that they broke their (EBAY/PAYPAL) OWN rules for....yet again!!!
Message 45 of 50
latest reply

GET THIS!!!...

sssuper:   Have you seen the police report?  You have a right to see the report.

It was filled out in the destination State, but shouldn't the report have been filed in your location if that is where the buyer is saying the theft took place?

In other words........... that is one reason these reports are usually not filed.  No one knows where it should be filed.  Another reason is that there is no chance for a resolution because your buyer isn't even in Canada, but even if you resided in the same country that wouldn't change a thing.

In Canada when I had an issue with a missing item I had hands on experience with how the police deal with such issues (they won't) and in my case I knew exactly where my item was.

I'm surprised to hear that the Police were willing to get involved at all because here they would have nothing to do with it.

What is in that report?

Also, why not ask paypal what would happen if you filed your own police report?

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

GET THIS!!!...

Why would PayPal be informed that Canada Post needs info from the buyer?  You are the one who bought insurance, wouldn't CP be in contact with you?  And wouldn't they contact the buyer directly in their investigation?

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

GET THIS!!!...

Am I the only one who thinks the buyer never made a police report? A copy, or even the number, would be an easy thing to send. With the number and the name of the police department the report could be seen online.

Well, it it existed.  

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

GET THIS!!!...

Femme. Three sides to this story: seller, buyer, what really happened. So far, we have the version the seller is telling. I detest one sided stories.

Photobucket
Message 49 of 50
latest reply

GET THIS!!!...

I just think something is missing but I'm not sure what it is.

If there was no police report, then why did the buyer get a refund?

Would paypal do that without ever actually viewing the report?

However, I do know that police reports matter very much.

I once had an issue (not the same one I touched on above) and paypal made it clear tome that if I had a police report that they'd help me out.

However, I never did go to the police station because the thought of driving down there, parking, and then telling someone about how some ebayer had shipped an altered item back to me and that I wanted to file a report on it just seemed too wonky.

I just refunded and didn't spend any more time on it.

However, if I paid for a pair of earrings at that price and received an empty box then I'd try to file a report.

I'm pretty sure that the report would have to be filed on the seller's turf.

Not mine.

Message 50 of 50
latest reply