'Get Started With Shippo Today'

Got the invitation to try Shippo in my ebay Messages this morning. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.40.26 AM.png

Went to the link and was immediately redirected to ebay.com which seems suspect for an ebay.ca application.

Here is the interface. I predict I will experience a steep learning curve when it comes time to print my first label. I hate change. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.50.55 AM.png

Talk about ugly presentation. I see they spared no expense on the Graphic Design of this application. (Sarcasm.)

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.51.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.52.09 AM.png

ABOVE: Does this mean we have access to all the carriers above? Like to print international Return labels? did ebay Canada staff ever clarify this for us? BELOW: Other platforms supported. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 8.52.19 AM.png

I'll be back to update the thread as I use Shippo to print my first label. We shall see.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I don't have a Legal Business Name which needs to be registered like a business with your local municipality or province and given a business registration number et cetera. Instead, I use my full actual legal name in lieu of a 'legal business name' since I am the only one of me around. It serves the same purpose.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

And I wouldn't use my ebay user ID because I'm pretty sure the user IDs legally belong to ebay and not its users.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Okay, makes sense. Thanks!
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

You're welcome. I've been doing it this way since I began to sell in 2012 and neither Canada Post nor my accountant has ever questioned it so it's my assumption that it's acceptable to do it like that. Of course, another member may come along and share alternatives..... 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

I do the same thing; you are not alone. I just use my name as my "business name".

As far as making a Canada Post account is concerned, you could put your dogs name and they wouldn't care.
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

And I wouldn't use my ebay user ID because I'm pretty sure the user IDs legally belong to ebay and not its users.

eBay user IDs do not belong to eBay -- eBay only has control of the ID's for eBay website use.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

You may be correct since you usually are and I can find nothing that indicates otherwise. 

What I can say to further support my statement is that I would NOT pick an ebay user ID on which to stake my entire business name or brand because ebay can do with its IDs on its site what it likes. 

Case in point: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2012/3/1332736629.html

Message 27 of 27
latest reply