Good till Cancelled has not yet been extended for a listing special

I have not yet seen the Good till Cancelled 50,000 free listing offer    Sellers take care and watch your dates of renewal

Best way is to cancel listings several days before actual end date to avoid possible listing charges.  Good luck and happy selling

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I don't think it likely this type of listing offer would be granted two months in a row.

Ebay does this type of to stimulate business. Like add more listings for buyers to view, and ultimately sell more things to collect greater Final Value Fees. It's meant to provide the impetus for smaller sellers to get stuff out there, not keep it listed in perpetuity for free while the rest of us pay big stores subscription fees for the honour of doing that. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

the OP is warning people that listed under this program to not let them relist as you will be paying listing fees, and to end them early so that does not happen.

Many buyers may be caught off guard and not realize they will incur fees if renewed

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I see.

I learned that lesson early on a promotional offer for endless auctions with free BIN added.

Once the offer ended, the auctions were included in my monthly allotment but the renewed additional BIN (which had previously been free) cost me an arm and a leg.

ebay's Promotions are to be accepted only after close scrutiny.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

There was a promo there last night but the date was something like Oct 1 midnight to 3 a.m. so I guess it disappeared at 3.   I suspect that they goofed when they entered the dates so I am going to write and ask Raphael about it.  Perhaps it will reappear next week.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I posted the message below in another thread last night.  I don't have screen capture, so just posted the text sent by ebay and it did end after only 3 hours.

I GOT ONE TONIGHT IN THE PROMO SECTION - NOT SURE HOW ANYONE COULD LIST 50,000 ITEMS IN 3 HOURS??? Smiley LOL

Thank you for selling on eBay – List FREE for a limited time
Pay no insertion fees for up to 50K listings a month when you select Good ‘Til Cancelled.

Start: 01/10/16 00:00:00 EDT
End: 01/10/16 03:00:00 EDT
Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I just commented on that other one and didn't see this. Does anybody know for sure if there ever was in the past one of these by mistake? A mock promo where you have to get up in the middle of the night and list like mad for an hour in order to take advantage of it ?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I just checked my Promotional offers section under  history and noticed this one from July.  Interestingly there is no mention of the one from last night so maybe it was a "glitch"?  Very odd!

Thank you for selling on eBay – List FREE for a limited time
Pay no insertion fees for up to 50K listings a month when you select Good ‘Til Cancelled.

Start: 01/07/16 00:00:00 EDT
End: 01/07/16 03:00:00 EDT
Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Good point, I never thought about checking my history.  I see the promo in September but not the one for  Oct. 1  although I did see it before it expired.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply