Goodbye eBay

I have to vent so my apologies:

I'm not a huge seller, I don't make my living on eBay. But I've bought and sold steadily since 2005. Recently, selling has become an unbearable pain for me: glitches, crashes, and the "new and improved" interface supposedly for "low volume sellers like me" (i.e. not making eBay any money) is ridiculously crippled. I've just started over for the 4th time my listing and every time I get the same annoying crashes.

Add to this fees out the hoo-hah and quite honestly, lately, seems like if you're not a Chinese reseller you just won't get anything sold... I guess that's my problem, not eBay's, but I'm out. I used to like the broad audience and certainly the fact I could sell more obscure things than on classifieds, but as I said seems like there is no market for second hand on this auction site anymore.

Finally, most things here can be purchased on Amazon for the same, if not better price... so even as a buyer seems like eBay lost its appeal to me.

So yes, I'm venting and this is no good to anyone, but I do have a reason for this: am I the only one thinking this? Is it me or is eBay only for large sellers now?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Goodbye eBay

Hi technosinner,

I'd love to know more about the crashes you encountered while listing items. If you're still around, could you send me an email with as much detail as you can? What you were trying to list, how you tried to list it, on which site, category, etc. ? Also please include all your system and browser details.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Goodbye eBay

I tend to think it is the persons computer that is causing the crashing issues and not ebay.

_ _ _ _ _

"To be old and wise you first have to be young and stupid".
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Goodbye eBay

I lived in Belleville for a year 13-14. We signed up with BELL to start. I could not upload or download pictures. BELL told me that their internet basically did not wok in Belleville and they were never going to do anything about it. Switched to COGECO and I was fine.

Out west, now, the only time I have trouble with eBay is when everyone else is as well.

I am on Facebook eBay boards with thousands of members and I never hear of eBay crashes. Something other than eBay is causing your problems.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Goodbye eBay

I really don't think it's my computer or Internet connection; I live in a large city and have an otherwise extremely good provider. And I own several computers, both Mac and PC and they all have similar issues.

I haven't posted in a while but essentially either options aren't remembered, or not properly. For example, when I enter details for shipping, eBay remembers a postal code I haven't been at for 8 years as default. I re enter the correct one every time and all my addresses are up to date, yet I get the same postal code again and again.

Also, even when I add handling fees, they don't seem to be passed on to the buyer. Ever.

Don't get me wrong: I'm usually pretty good at self-identifying my shortcomings and mistakes. Here I honestly can't figure out what's going on...
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Goodbye eBay

Did you send the information to Raphael at eBay as you were invited to do?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply