Guidance on selling to USA

Hi there,  I'm having trouble finding information about import fees from a Canadian seller to a US buyer.  The products I have to sell are mainly electronics that range from 100-2000 dollars.  This is from the US customs site:

"If your goods are valued less than $200, CBP will not assess duty. However, if the goods are valued over $200, they may be subject to duty and a processing fee."

How do you all deal with the "possibility" of fees being assessed to your products by US customs?  I was thinking of putting on the original listing that import fees may be charged on a product and if the buyer sends me a copy/email of a verified receipt I could reimburse that cost, although that could open up a can of worms if a buyer tries to take advantage.  I would love some guidance or ideas from you guys on how to approach this issue.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Guidance on selling to USA

Buyer pays all customs and duty fees...

Sellers used to have to state this in each listing...

However, today eBay includes this statement in all listings, and because of this buyers must understand they are responsible for these fees.....

and buyers  cannot leave negative feedback if a  seller does not pay or make a partial refund. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply