Has anyone had experience shipping to Mexico

Has anyone had experience shipping to Mexico.  I usually only sell to Canada and US.  I have someone in Mexico city wanting to buy an item.  It qalifies as *small packet surface* .  It is not expensive enough to justify the very costly *priority*.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

General equation: "Surface" = "Trouble".

I suggest never sending surface. Only offer small packet airmail or better options.

Having said this, Mexico is sometimes slow (3-4 weeks or more) even for airmail.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

General equation: "Surface" = "Trouble".

I suggest never sending surface. Only offer small packet airmail or better options.

Having said this, Mexico is sometimes slow (3-4 weeks or more) even for airmail.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I shipped a few items there.  The last package never arrived.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

P.S.  Shipped September 2nd with Canada Post Light Packet AIR.   Just refunded the purchaser this week.  He was patient and waited almost 2 months.  I lost $110 plus shipping and fees and probably racked up another defect.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I've shipped a couple of items there via small packet air with no problem. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I have 5 defects, 4 from Canada Post International Surface shipping problems that I have no control over.   And that is not from very many shipments.   As suggested, do not go the surface route - it will cost you some sales but major gains in stress relief.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Personally, I stay away from questionable countries, regardless of the sale. I only ship to Australia Japan Canada USA Sweden England and Germany.

The rest of the countries can contact me and they do. We can then talk. I have sent to other countries after a quick conversation, but there are certain countries that are on my NO FLY ZONE, and Mexico is one of those countries.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I have two countries I dislike, Chile and Mexico. I am 0 for 2 or 3 for Mexico.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I can only easily check back to 2011. No losses to Mexico from 2011 to date, a few very slow, but no losses. I don't recall any losses to Mexico before that but my memory is only so good.....I do have a current "where is my item" situation to Mexico, So I hope I am not jinxing myself by saying this! 😐 My guesstimation across all online sites I use is 20 - 30 shipments to Mexico in the last 4 years.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I sold an item  to a Mexican buyer about 5 years ago.  This had the potential to become one of my worst selling experiences on E-bay,  as after five weeks,  the package had still not arrived. 

The customer showed great patience and grace,  and I had promised to refund her purchase. She said that would be acceptable,  but that she would wait another week. 

Fortunately,  within that week,  it arrived, albeit,  looking like it had been through a war zone. Even better,  the item wasn't damaged whatsoever!  She left a very nice FB comment,  and all was good. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Would take 20-30 days by air. Once I was able to trace Air Small Packet using scan bar code: I went to Correos De Mexico website, entered number that starts with UR.... and it showed item was in Mexico just released from customs. That shipment took 4 weeks.

For 2 years - shipped about 20-30 Air Small Packets, with no single loss.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I already had several bad experiences with Mexico. I am not shipping there anymore.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

The poster asked the question in 2014.  🙂

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

The poster asked the question in 2014.  🙂

Just goes to show some things never change!  LOL! 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply